Wherein We Soft-Launch The iPad 2 Buyers’ Guide For You
Every time we release a new downloadable publication, we like to give our loyal Backstage readers the first opportunity to get their hands on it. So here it is in advance of the official announcement—the iPad 2 Buyers’ Guide, the sequel to our million-plus-downloaded iPad Buyers’ Guide!
Regardless of whether you have an iPad or iPad 2, you’ll find plenty of great stuff inside. The Buyers’ Guide contains our editors’ top picks across every product category—everything to the best iPad models to the best cases, speakers, apps, and games, all in one place. We’re not afraid to tell it to you straight, so if there’s a reason to prefer one product over the next, we say so, and if there are a bunch of good options, you’ll see all of their pictures, prices, and descriptions together.
As always, two versions are available—please download only one. For PC and Mac users with 15” or larger screens, we recommend the two-page spread, magazine-style version. Reading on a smaller screened device, such as an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch? We strongly recommend the single-page version and Apple’s free iBooks app, which works great with the book even on a second-gen iPod touch. Mac and PC users can use Apple’s Preview or Adobe Acrobat Reader. The iPad 2 Buyers’ Guide is, as always, completely free of charge. Enjoy it!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- Russia mulling tax increase on App Store purchases, other Apple services
- Lawyers threaten to sue Apple over ‘Error 53’ codes disabling iPhones
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 3, tvOS 9.2 beta 3, watchOS 2.2 beta 3 to developers
- Indie game ‘The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth’ rejected by Apple over violence toward children
- Apple likely to receive approval to open retail stores in India
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!