Wherein We Soft-Launch The iPad 2 Buyers’ Guide For You
Every time we release a new downloadable publication, we like to give our loyal Backstage readers the first opportunity to get their hands on it. So here it is in advance of the official announcement—the iPad 2 Buyers’ Guide, the sequel to our million-plus-downloaded iPad Buyers’ Guide!
Regardless of whether you have an iPad or iPad 2, you’ll find plenty of great stuff inside. The Buyers’ Guide contains our editors’ top picks across every product category—everything to the best iPad models to the best cases, speakers, apps, and games, all in one place. We’re not afraid to tell it to you straight, so if there’s a reason to prefer one product over the next, we say so, and if there are a bunch of good options, you’ll see all of their pictures, prices, and descriptions together.
As always, two versions are available—please download only one. For PC and Mac users with 15” or larger screens, we recommend the two-page spread, magazine-style version. Reading on a smaller screened device, such as an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch? We strongly recommend the single-page version and Apple’s free iBooks app, which works great with the book even on a second-gen iPod touch. Mac and PC users can use Apple’s Preview or Adobe Acrobat Reader. The iPad 2 Buyers’ Guide is, as always, completely free of charge. Enjoy it!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Report: Apple in talks to launch virtual network service
- Dr. Dre’s new album coming to iTunes, Apple Music on Friday
- Nokia’s HERE Maps sold to automakers in $3.1B deal
- Report: Apple plans to use Siri to transcribe voicemails
- Leaked photos suggest thicker, Force Touch-equipped iPhones
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?