Show Report: Fugoo, JBL, Logitech, Olloclip, Otterbox + Wonder Workshop
Pepcom’s Digital Experience always has a number of major companies showing their wares at CES, and this year was no different. We saw a larger speaker from Fugoo, Lightning earphones from JBL, Logitech’s UE Megaboom, new cases from Olloclip and Otterbox, and some robots from Wonder Workshop that teach kids simple coding.
Fugoo introduced its new XL ($300-330) speaker, which comes in three different styles — Sport XL, Style XL, and Tough XL. It looks like Fugoo's last speaker, but much bigger. It's four times as large and twice as loud. The waterproof speaker can float, and it also claims to get an extremely impressive 35 hours of battery life. XL contains 8 speakers with 24W of power — it should be released in April.
JBL's Reflect Aware ($130) are earphones that plug directly into an iOS Lightning port. The earphones work with an app that allows users to customize awareness settings while running. Reflect Aware will be released in the spring.
Logitech's UE Megaboom ($300) is the biggest, latest speaker in its Ultimate Ears line. The waterproof Megaboom offers 20 hours of battery life and 100-foot Bluetooth range. It can also be paired with another Megaboom; it was released today.
Olloclip showed off its case for 6 or 6 Plus ($35), made to work with its 6/6 Plus lenses. The co-molded case allows users to simply slip on Olloclip's lenses without removing or manipulating any portion of the case. It should be released in March.
Olloclip will also soon be releasing a Telephoto lens ($100)...
...and new Macro lens ($70) for iPhone 6/6 Plus later this month.
Otterbox has unveiled its Resurgence ($100) battery case for iPhone 6. The 2600 mAh battery case will deliver a full charge to an iPhone 6, and it should hit the market in the very near future.
Wonder Workshop was showing off its recently released robots, Dash and Dot. These robots are designed to teach kids simple coding through the use of a free app. Dash ($200) is the larger robot — it has wheels, sensors, and can detect other objects. The smaller Dot can be purchased as part of a two-pack ($260) with Dash. A Wonder Pack ($350) includes other extras, such as a xylophone for the robots to play. The bots are aimed at children aged 5-12.
More CES Show Reports
- Focalcrest debuts Mixtile Hub to bridge third-party devices to HomeKit
- Leviton debuts HomeKit-compatible Decora In-Wall Dimmers and Switches
- Carrier adds HomeKit support to Côr Thermostat
- Honeywell announces Lyric HomeKit-compatible security cameras
- D-Link announces Omna 180 HomeKit-compatible Camera
- August announces Smart Lock Mortise Kit
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple Music to supply content to Musical.ly
- Apple now withholding royalty payments to Qualcomm as dispute escalates
- New Puff Daddy Documentary will be another Apple Music exclusive
- Apple releases fifth beta of iOS 10.3.2
- Report: Apple’s Jimmy Iovine still has ambitious video plans for Apple Music
- Apple executive talks using AI to boost human memory
- Apple rolling out ‘Today at Apple’ educational courses starting in May
- Smart home device maker iDevices acquired by Hubbell
- Apple delays ‘Carpool Karaoke’ release to ‘later this year’
- Dutch court rules Apple can’t replace broken iPads with refurbished models
- FABRIQ AirPlay and Bluetooth Alexa-Enabled Speaker
- Advanced Evo X & M4
- Advanced Mezger aptX Bluetooth Receiver
- iDevices Wall Switch
- iDevices Wall Outlet
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartSocket for Apple HomeKit
- Sony MDR-1000X Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones
- FiiO i1 Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter
- Blue Ella Headphones
- Apple iPad (Fifth-Generation)
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10