Show Report: IK Multimedia
Social Media & Software Editor, iLoungeGoogle+
Published: Monday, January 7, 2013
IK Multimedia has continued to expand its lineup of iOS-focused accessories for the professional musician, debuting a new digital guitar interface, pedalboard MIDI controller, portable wireless studio monitors and a cable kit designed expressly for helping iOS device users connect iPad, iPhone or iPod touch devices into a studio setup.
iRig HD ($99) is an enhanced, digital version of IK Multimedia’s popular iRig guitar input. The completely new version features a built-in 24-bit DAC, preamp gain control and includes Dock Connector, Lightning Connector and USB interface cables for a variety of connectivity options. Available late Q1 2003.
iLoud ($299) is a portable 40W stereo studio monitor featuring Bluetooth technology, a rechargeable battery and a built-in digital amplifier and DSP. The iLoud is designed to provide much higher volume than comparably sized speakers, with accurate sound reproduction for portable monitoring and reference purposes. An iRig circuit is also built-in for connecting a guitar, bass, line instrument or dynamic mic. Available Q2 2013.
iLoud Mini ($149) is a smaller and more portable 12W version of the iLoud, also featuring Bluetooth connectivity but lacking the built-in iRig circuit. Available Q2 2013.
iRig BlueBoard ($99) is a foot pedal Bluetooth MIDI controller designed to work with AmpliTube or any other Core MIDI-compatible app to send program, bank and other MIDI messages. Two inputs are provided for connecting any standard expression pedal/switch. Powered by standard AAA batteries, the BlueBoard is small and durable enough to toss into a laptop bag for convenient on-the-go gigs. Available Q2 2013.
iLine ($59) is a professional hook-up cable kit focused on connecting an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch into a studio setup, with 3.5mm connectors designed for iOS device input and output and specifically molded to fit through most cases. Cables include a mono output adapter, input output extension, stereo aux cable, headphone/speaker splitter, RCA output adapter and mono output splitter, and include gold-plated connectors, copper conductors and high-density shielding. A carrying case is also included. Available February 2013.
More CES Show Reports
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks