Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I replace the iPod’s battery myself?
Published: Saturday, August 16, 2003
News Category: iPod General
Apple offers it’s own Battery Service for $59 plus $6.95 shipping. Apple will replace the battery for you and offers a 90-day guarantee on materials and workmanship.
iPod mini Battery (UK)
A Do-It-Yourself replacement battery kit for 1G, 2G and 3G iPods is available from iPod mini Battery with complete installation instructions for $29/£28 - a 3G iPod battery for $29/£25. We do not recommend opening the iPod using the included screw driver. Use a thin, sturdy piece of plastic or something similar.
A Do-It-Yourself replacement battery kit for 1st -4th generation iPods (with dock) and iPod mini is available from iPodResQ with complete installation instructions and tool from $24.99 to $29.99. If you’re not comfortable with opening your iPod, they offer a 24 hour mail-in service in which they will do the installation for you for $54.
Laptops for Less
A Do-It-Yourself replacement battery kit for 1G - 4G iPods and iPod mini is available from Laptops for Less with complete installation instructions for $29. We do not recommend opening the iPod using the included screw driver. Use a thin, sturdy piece of plastic or something similar.
A Do-It-Yourself replacement battery kit for 1G, 2G, 3G and 4G iPods and iPod mini is available from PDA Smart with complete installation instructions for $40 - $59 (dependent on model). If you’re not comfortable with opening your iPod, they offer a mail-in service in which they will do the installation for you for $50 - $68 (dependent on model).
For more battery info check out ‘The truth about the iPod battery and charging’ in the forums.
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone