Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I replace the iPod’s battery myself?
Published: Saturday, August 16, 2003
News Category: iPod General
Apple offers it’s own Battery Service for $59 plus $6.95 shipping. Apple will replace the battery for you and offers a 90-day guarantee on materials and workmanship.
iPod mini Battery (UK)
A Do-It-Yourself replacement battery kit for 1G, 2G and 3G iPods is available from iPod mini Battery with complete installation instructions for $29/£28 - a 3G iPod battery for $29/£25. We do not recommend opening the iPod using the included screw driver. Use a thin, sturdy piece of plastic or something similar.
A Do-It-Yourself replacement battery kit for 1st -4th generation iPods (with dock) and iPod mini is available from iPodResQ with complete installation instructions and tool from $24.99 to $29.99. If you’re not comfortable with opening your iPod, they offer a 24 hour mail-in service in which they will do the installation for you for $54.
Laptops for Less
A Do-It-Yourself replacement battery kit for 1G - 4G iPods and iPod mini is available from Laptops for Less with complete installation instructions for $29. We do not recommend opening the iPod using the included screw driver. Use a thin, sturdy piece of plastic or something similar.
A Do-It-Yourself replacement battery kit for 1G, 2G, 3G and 4G iPods and iPod mini is available from PDA Smart with complete installation instructions for $40 - $59 (dependent on model). If you’re not comfortable with opening your iPod, they offer a mail-in service in which they will do the installation for you for $50 - $68 (dependent on model).
For more battery info check out ‘The truth about the iPod battery and charging’ in the forums.
- Apple patent chief leaves company
- Apple: 1B TV episodes, 380m movies downloaded
- Apple TV Software Update 5.3 adds HBO Go, ESPN, more
- Report: Apple testing iOS 7 LinkedIn integration
- Alleged schematic leaks show 2013 iPhone designs
- Apps: Gangstar Vegas, Man of Steel, Photo Cube WiFi 3.59 + Play-Doh Create ABCs
- Alleged iPhone 5S leaks show display, logic board
- Apple TV beta reveals iTunes Radio support
- Apple’s Cue reveals more iBooks launch details
- Apple releases Commitment to Customer Privacy statement
- Logitech Harmony Smart Control
- Eton Rukus XL Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- PureGear PX260 + PX360 Extreme Protection System for iPhone 5
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Soundfreaq Sound Step Lightning SFQ-02L
- LifeProof Frē for iPad mini
- iBattz Mojo Refuel Removable Battery Case + Mojo Refuel Armor Kit for iPhone 5
- Geneva Lab Geneva Sound System Model S Wireless
- Bracketron Twist & Charge
- CruxCase CruxSkunk Keyboard Case for iPad 2, iPad (3rd/4th-Gen)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of Apple TV 5.3
- iOS 7: Settings, Including Accessibility + Wallpaper
- iOS 7: Weather, Stocks, Calendar + Reminders
- iOS 7: Phone, FaceTime, Messages + Contacts
- iOS 7: iTunes Store, App Store, Calculator + Mail
- iOS 7: Music, Videos, Photos + Camera
- iOS 7: Clock, Game Center, Newsstand + Safari
- iOS 7: Siri + Voice Control
- iOS 7: Activation Lock + Find My iPhone
- iOS 7: Control Center, Notification Center, Spotlight, Multitasking