Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I check my iPod’s Hard Drive for Errors like running Scan Disk?
Published: Monday, October 13, 2003
News Category: iPod General
The iPod has a special Disk Scan utility that can be used to check the hard drive. Follow these steps:
- Do a Reset - Press the Menu + Pause/Play buttons until the Apple logo comes up.
- At the Apple logo, press the REW, FF, Menu and “Action” (the center) buttons.
The iPod will begin to go through a disk scan. At the end you will be presented with a Disk icon with a check mark or a sad iPod icon. If you get a sad iPod icon you need to send your iPod in for repair.
See this Apple article iPod: Disk Scan Icon Appears When iPod Is Turned On for an explanation of the various icons.
Next: I listen to a lot of DJ Mix CDs that don’t have gaps between the tracks. It seems like the iPod forces a gap - stopping the music right in the middle. Is Apple ever going to fix this? Is there a solution?
- Apps: ABC Aquarium, Disney Jr. Appisodes, Pinterest 2.4 + Pocket Informant Pro 3.0
- Report: iOS 7 could see Flickr, Vimeo integration
- Apple CEO Cook testifies on taxes, faces Senate critics
- Google Play Music All Access to get iOS app support?
- Senate subcommittee accuses Apple of tax avoidance
- AT&T: All video chat apps will work over cellular in 2013
- Apple releases testimony before CEO’s Senate appearance
- New Apple offers in India can reduce iPhone price
- Report: Apple testing 1.5” OLED displays for iWatch
- Song skipping terms slowing iRadio negotiations
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- New Trent iCarrier IMP120D Dual USB Power Pack
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- MyCharge Freedom 2000 Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Nike Nike+ FuelBand
- OCDesk OCDock for iPhone 5
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address