Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I navigate my music on my iPod shuffle?
Contributing Editor, iLounge
Published: Friday, March 4, 2005
News Category: iPod Usage
Though it may be the simplest iPod yet, there are a few key iPod shuffle operation techniques worth discussing:
- On the rear of your shuffle, you’ll see that the main slider has two “On” positions. The first is “sequential play,” and the second is “shuffle.” Use sequential play mode if you’re not “Enjoying Uncertainty” at the moment. You can, for example, switch modes from shuffle to sequential play during a song (if you just have to hear the rest of that album!) and it won’t be disrupted. You’ll continue sequentially.
- When listening to a playlist sequentially, press Play three times quickly to return to the very beginning of the play order.
- When listening to a playlist in shuffle mode, press Play three times quickly to re-randomize the play order.
- When listening to the first song in the play order, you can navigate backwards to go straight to the final song. This is helpful for quickly getting to songs you know are near the end of your play order.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone