Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I get Contacts from Palm Desktop’s Address Book onto my iPod?
Published: Sunday, February 16, 2003
News Category: iPod General
For Windows, try Sappenin’s PalmPodsoftware to export your Palm Desktops’ calendar, todo’s, contacts, and memos onto your iPod.
For Mac OS X, try the following:
In Palm Desktop’s Address Book, highlight all of your contacts (or, just the ones you want to copy to your iPod). Select the “File” main menu option, then “Export vCard…”. Choose the “Contacts” folder on your iPod to store the exported vCard file in (or a folder elsewhere if your iPod is not attached to the computer you are using), and enter a name for the *.vcf file. Finally, if you did not export the *.vcf file directly to your iPod’s Contacts folder, copy the *.vcf file there (note: FireWire mode has to be enabled in iPod Preferences in iTunes before you can manually copy files to your iPod).
Also, please note that starting with iPod firmware version 1.2, there can no longer be blank lines between each vCard in the *.vcf file. If there are, only the first contact will be displayed. You will need to delete the blank lines that Palm Desktop puts between each vCard if you are running firmware 1.2 (this was not an issue with firmware 1.1).
- Pioneer working on aftermarket CarPlay solutions
- iTunes Radio could be standalone app in iOS 8
- Apple drops iPhone return policy to 14 days
- Apps: Duolingo 3.3, Marvel Unlimited 2.0, Smash Hit + Wave Wave
- Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
- Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Beats Electronics Beats Pill XL Bluetooth Speaker
- Beats Electronics Beats Pill 2.0 Bluetooth Speaker
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number