Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I do not have much free disk space on my Mac. Is it possible for me to have more MP3s on my iPod than I have in iTunes on my Mac? If so, how do I do this?
Published: Sunday, February 16, 2003
News Category: iPod Mac
Yes, this is possible. You will first want to turn off auto-sync in iPod Preferences in iTunes (with your iPod attached to your Mac, select it in the source list, and then click the iPod icon button on the lower right).
Then, in iTunes, manually copy over MP3s from your iTunes library to your iPod. Once the MP3s are copied over, delete them from your iTunes library & delete them off of your Mac. By turning auto-sync off, the next time you connect your iPod to your Mac, it will not try to make your iPod look exactly like your iTunes MP3 library. So, iTunes won’t delete the tracks off of your iPod that are no longer on your Mac & no longer in your iTunes library.
Then import (or rip and encode) the next batch of MP3s you want to put on your iPod, manually copy these MP3s to your iPod in iTunes, then delete them out of your library and off your Mac. Repeat until you have all the MP3s you want on your iPod (or until your iPod is full!).
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks