Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I do not have much free disk space on my Mac. Is it possible for me to have more MP3s on my iPod than I have in iTunes on my Mac? If so, how do I do this?
Published: Sunday, February 16, 2003
News Category: iPod Mac
Yes, this is possible. You will first want to turn off auto-sync in iPod Preferences in iTunes (with your iPod attached to your Mac, select it in the source list, and then click the iPod icon button on the lower right).
Then, in iTunes, manually copy over MP3s from your iTunes library to your iPod. Once the MP3s are copied over, delete them from your iTunes library & delete them off of your Mac. By turning auto-sync off, the next time you connect your iPod to your Mac, it will not try to make your iPod look exactly like your iTunes MP3 library. So, iTunes won’t delete the tracks off of your iPod that are no longer on your Mac & no longer in your iTunes library.
Then import (or rip and encode) the next batch of MP3s you want to put on your iPod, manually copy these MP3s to your iPod in iTunes, then delete them out of your library and off your Mac. Repeat until you have all the MP3s you want on your iPod (or until your iPod is full!).
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone