Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I keep getting multiple Artists/Albums on my iPod. I have five versions of “The Beatles”. Why?
Published: Monday, October 13, 2003
News Category: iPod Windows
The iPod uses the Tags from your MP3s to organize your songs. Sometimes the tags can be incorrect causing this problem. Specifically, this is caused by trailing spaces after your tags which the iPod interprets as normal characters. So, to the iPod, “The Beatles” and “The Beatles ” are two different Artists.
If you’re using iTunes, check for trailing spaces after the Artist/Album tags. If you’re a Windows user using MMJB (MusicMatch Jukebox) you have somewhat of a problem due to a bug in that software. MMJB tends to add trailing spaces after songs. You may need to edit them in a good tag editing program. See the Software Compendium for a list of Windows Tag Editors.
Next: I organize my music on my PC in specific folders that I’ve become accustomed to. On my old MP3 Player I could just recreate these folders. Why can’t I do this on the iPod? It seems it’s all about tags.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: 80 Days
- Typo iPhone keyboard returns, updated, as Typo 2
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
- Report: Vivendi SA sold its Beats stake for $404 million
- Apple content delivery network for faster downloads now live in US, Europe
- Apps of the Week: NPR One, Crazy Taxi: City Rush, Interactive Alphabet 4.0 + more
- Report: Apple TV relaunch not coming this year
- Report: Apple eliminating positions of some Beats employees
- Russian government seeks Apple source code
- Square announces new Reader for chip cards
- Tylt Energi 2K Smart Travel Charger
- Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad Air
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks