Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the differences between the 3G iPod for Macs and iPod for Windows?
Published: Sunday, February 16, 2003
News Category: iPod General
As far as the hardware goes, there are no differences between the 3G PC iPods and the 3G Mac iPods. The only diffrerence is the software used to download and manage your digital music library, and the file system in which the hard drive is formatted.
The 3G iPod package contains software for both Mac and PC on a CD-Rom install disk; iTunes 4 for OS X, iTunes 2 for OS 9 for the Mac and Musicmatch Jukebox for the PC. All 3G iPod packages include an iPod formatted with the HFS+ file system for use on Macs as default. If you want to use iPod on a PC, install the appropriate PC software included on the install disk. The software will format your iPod’s hard drive with the FAT32 file system for use on Windows.
All 3G iPod packages include the proprietary dock connector to FireWire cable. There is a 4 pin to 6 pin adapter included for use with PC iPods. Also note that older 1G and 2G iPod models were separated into two different packages; Mac and PC.
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Hyundai bringing CarPlay to 2015 Sonata
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- iPhone 6 metal mockups spotted at electronics show
- Alpine Electronics announces aftermarket CarPlay products
- Apps: A&E/History 2.0, Ally 3.0, Amazon Cloud Drive Photos 3.0 + Pandora 5.3
- Pioneer officially announces aftermarket CarPlay access
- iWatch: LG to supply flexible displays, September release?
- Alleged iPhone 6 front panel, batteries leaked
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Tavik Hemings for iPad Air
- Spigen SGP GLAS.tR SLIM Privacy for iPhone 5/5c/5s
- Incipio [Performance] Armband for iPhone 5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Brookstone Perfect Drink App-Controlled Smart Bartending
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac