Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the differences between the 3G iPod for Macs and iPod for Windows?
Published: Sunday, February 16, 2003
News Category: iPod General
As far as the hardware goes, there are no differences between the 3G PC iPods and the 3G Mac iPods. The only diffrerence is the software used to download and manage your digital music library, and the file system in which the hard drive is formatted.
The 3G iPod package contains software for both Mac and PC on a CD-Rom install disk; iTunes 4 for OS X, iTunes 2 for OS 9 for the Mac and Musicmatch Jukebox for the PC. All 3G iPod packages include an iPod formatted with the HFS+ file system for use on Macs as default. If you want to use iPod on a PC, install the appropriate PC software included on the install disk. The software will format your iPod’s hard drive with the FAT32 file system for use on Windows.
All 3G iPod packages include the proprietary dock connector to FireWire cable. There is a 4 pin to 6 pin adapter included for use with PC iPods. Also note that older 1G and 2G iPod models were separated into two different packages; Mac and PC.
- New apps aim to fix iOS 7 wallpaper issues
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new giveaway
- Apple quietly releases 74% iOS 7 adoption estimate
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- U.S. Apple Stores now using iBeacon
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store