Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What do the iPod shuffle’s lights mean?
Contributing Editor, iLounge
Published: Friday, March 4, 2005
News Category: iPod Usage
Your iPod shuffle has two LED lights on its front side - one orange and one green - that indicate what it is doing. On the rear of the shuffle, there is another set of colored indicators for battery life. Here’s a quick guide to interpreting them both (a reference card is also provided in your box):
- Flashing Orange: Connected and mounted. Do not Disconnect.
- Solid Orange: Charging / Not mounted. Ok to Disconnect.
- Flashing Green: Paused.
- Solid Green: Fully Charged.
- Flashing Green/Orange: No music or some other problem: Load music, cycle the iPod on and off, or restore your iPod.
- Solid Green on button press: Normal operation… a simple indicator.
- Solid Orange on button press: Hold is active. Deactivate it by holding Play/Pause.
Rear Light (Active only when button has been pressed)
- Green: Good Charge
- Yellow: Low Charge
- Red: Very Low Charge
- No light: No Charge
- Apple patent chief leaves company
- Apple: 1B TV episodes, 380m movies downloaded
- Apple TV Software Update 5.3 adds HBO Go, ESPN, more
- Report: Apple testing iOS 7 LinkedIn integration
- Alleged schematic leaks show 2013 iPhone designs
- Apps: Gangstar Vegas, Man of Steel, Photo Cube WiFi 3.59 + Play-Doh Create ABCs
- Alleged iPhone 5S leaks show display, logic board
- Apple TV beta reveals iTunes Radio support
- Apple’s Cue reveals more iBooks launch details
- Apple releases Commitment to Customer Privacy statement
- Logitech Harmony Smart Control
- Eton Rukus XL Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- PureGear PX260 + PX360 Extreme Protection System for iPhone 5
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Soundfreaq Sound Step Lightning SFQ-02L
- LifeProof Frē for iPad mini
- iBattz Mojo Refuel Removable Battery Case + Mojo Refuel Armor Kit for iPhone 5
- Geneva Lab Geneva Sound System Model S Wireless
- Bracketron Twist & Charge
- CruxCase CruxSkunk Keyboard Case for iPad 2, iPad (3rd/4th-Gen)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of Apple TV 5.3
- iOS 7: Settings, Including Accessibility + Wallpaper
- iOS 7: Weather, Stocks, Calendar + Reminders
- iOS 7: Phone, FaceTime, Messages + Contacts
- iOS 7: iTunes Store, App Store, Calculator + Mail
- iOS 7: Music, Videos, Photos + Camera
- iOS 7: Clock, Game Center, Newsstand + Safari
- iOS 7: Siri + Voice Control
- iOS 7: Activation Lock + Find My iPhone
- iOS 7: Control Center, Notification Center, Spotlight, Multitasking