Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is AppleCare for the iPod, and what does it get me?
Contributing Editor, iLounge
Published: Friday, November 12, 2004
News Category: Service|Repair|Warranty
AppleCare is Apple’s extended warranty for the iPod.
The iPod—alone—comes with 90 days of telephone support (one complimentary call in this period), and a full year of hardware warranty. For $59, AppleCare extends both of these support services to a full two years. AppleCare covers hardware failure of your iPod and any additional accessories that were included in the box, and offers a battery replacement should your battery life decrease by 50% in the 2 years that AppleCare is effective.
It is important to mention AppleCare can be purchased anytime in the first year of owning your iPod—you don’t have to purchase it with the iPod itself. However, the previously-mentioned 2-year term still begins on the original iPod purchase date.
AppleCare is a global warranty, and can be transferred to another owner should you sell your iPod, as it’s directly tied to the iPod’s serial number rather than your name.
Note: Residents of Florida, USA cannot purchase AppleCare.
- China Mobile opens iPhone preorders on Dec. 12
- Apple, others call for govt. surveillance reform
- New apps aim to fix iOS 7 wallpaper issues
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new giveaway
- Apple quietly releases 74% iOS 7 adoption estimate
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- U.S. Apple Stores now using iBeacon
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- CM4 Slite Card Case for iPhone 5c
- Newer Technology NuGuard KX for iPad Air + iPad mini
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store