Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is AppleCare for the iPod, and what does it get me?
Contributing Editor, iLounge
Published: Friday, November 12, 2004
News Category: Service|Repair|Warranty
AppleCare is Apple’s extended warranty for the iPod.
The iPod—alone—comes with 90 days of telephone support (one complimentary call in this period), and a full year of hardware warranty. For $59, AppleCare extends both of these support services to a full two years. AppleCare covers hardware failure of your iPod and any additional accessories that were included in the box, and offers a battery replacement should your battery life decrease by 50% in the 2 years that AppleCare is effective.
It is important to mention AppleCare can be purchased anytime in the first year of owning your iPod—you don’t have to purchase it with the iPod itself. However, the previously-mentioned 2-year term still begins on the original iPod purchase date.
AppleCare is a global warranty, and can be transferred to another owner should you sell your iPod, as it’s directly tied to the iPod’s serial number rather than your name.
Note: Residents of Florida, USA cannot purchase AppleCare.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Apple drops refurbished fourth-gen iPad, mini prices
- Judge: US can show Apple e-book pricing conspiracy
- AT&T’s GoPhone to add LTE/HSPA+ support for iPhone
- Report: iOS 7 ‘black, white, and flat all over’
- Apple WWDC Keynote set for June 10
- Apps: Foursquare 6.2, Hyper Breaker Turbo, Pandora 4.3 + Shazam 6.0
- Apple patent application details interactive AirPlay, TV
- Report: iWatch pushed to late 2014?
- Griffin releases iPhone 5 Survivor + Catalyst Waterproof Case
- Lynktec TruGlide Pro Precision Stylus
- C4 Electronics Dolry HiFi Stone 30-Pin AirPlay Adapter
- Boombotix Boombot Rex Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Nuu Splash Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Scosche boomBottle Weatherproof Sport Wireless Speaker
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Costs associated with using FaceTime
- iMessages showing as Delivered when iPhone is out of coverage
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore