Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is AppleCare for the iPod, and what does it get me?
Contributing Editor, iLounge
Published: Friday, November 12, 2004
News Category: Service|Repair|Warranty
AppleCare is Apple’s extended warranty for the iPod.
The iPod—alone—comes with 90 days of telephone support (one complimentary call in this period), and a full year of hardware warranty. For $59, AppleCare extends both of these support services to a full two years. AppleCare covers hardware failure of your iPod and any additional accessories that were included in the box, and offers a battery replacement should your battery life decrease by 50% in the 2 years that AppleCare is effective.
It is important to mention AppleCare can be purchased anytime in the first year of owning your iPod—you don’t have to purchase it with the iPod itself. However, the previously-mentioned 2-year term still begins on the original iPod purchase date.
AppleCare is a global warranty, and can be transferred to another owner should you sell your iPod, as it’s directly tied to the iPod’s serial number rather than your name.
Note: Residents of Florida, USA cannot purchase AppleCare.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Hitman GO
- Alleged next-gen iPad Air front panel leaked
- Apps: Baby Bundle, Breeze, Helpouts + iOOTP Baseball 2014
- Apple selling refurbished iPad mini with Retina display
- Yahoo aims to become default iOS Safari search engine
- Apple working with Shazam on iOS song discovery feature
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Hyundai bringing CarPlay to 2015 Sonata
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- Lepow ADD Power Bank
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac