Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
Model: Stand for iPod nano
Compatible: iPod nano
Available in white and black versions, Marware's Stand for iPod nano is a streamlined take on Apple's official iPod nano Dock. With a swoosh-like shape that mounts your nano on an angle at its front, the Stand has USB and line-out ports on its back, plus a "headphone port" (actually, a second line-out port) on its right side. Rubber pads on the bottom keep the Stand stable, and an included, color-matched USB cable provides charging and synchronization features when connected to a computer.
Company: Strata Systems
Compatible: iPod nano
Like Risse Racing's previously released Mork Mount, Strata's iBikeMount allows you to easily attach an iPod nano to your bike's handlebars. A lever clamp is used to secure the nano upwards or downwards, based on your preference; the unit's open, hard plastic and foam design contrasts with the Mork Mount's metal and rubber band approach.
This unique hard foam rubber grip wraps around your iPod nano, and with an adjustable hand strap enables you to carry the nano more easily in your hand while jogging or walking. Your nano's front is fully exposed (though mightily recessed) while inside; a tunnel to its headphone port is on the bottom. Two colors (black and pink) are available.
Model: TuffWrap Accent
Compatible: iPod nano, 5G
These two updates to XtremeMac's earlier TuffWrap cases use double-injected rubber mold techniques to offer three different 5G iPod color combinations ($30) and six different iPod nano combinations ($20). The 5G versions are sold in two (30GB and 60GB) sizes. Each one comes with a clear hard plastic screen protector and a soft plastic Click Wheel protector, both of which are separate from the case.
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone