Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
Like a number of other lanyard-style headphones we've seen for the iPod shuffle and iPod nano, this pair of Philips Neckstrap Headphones - model SHE7600, an Asian import model available from Warehouse123.com - uses a fabric necklace and user-adjustable headphone and neck length cords to minimize cable clutter and dangling. A strap is included to attach the headphones to a case, not included, and "turbo bass" performance is promised.
Company: Sumo Cases
Model: World Cup 5G
Compatible: iPod 5G (with video)
Based on the company's previously released Horizontal Playthru case design, Sumo's new World Cup cases are special, limited editions with soccer ball pattern-stitched leather exteriors. Eight different countries are represented with the cases, specifically Italy, Germany, France, Brazil, Argentina, USA, England, and Mexico; their national colors appear in the cases' leather bodies. A classic black and white version will also be available. Each has a soccerball logo rather than the Sumo logo found on standard Horizontal Playthru models.
Model: Stand for iPod nano
Compatible: iPod nano
Available in white and black versions, Marware's Stand for iPod nano is a streamlined take on Apple's official iPod nano Dock. With a swoosh-like shape that mounts your nano on an angle at its front, the Stand has USB and line-out ports on its back, plus a "headphone port" (actually, a second line-out port) on its right side. Rubber pads on the bottom keep the Stand stable, and an included, color-matched USB cable provides charging and synchronization features when connected to a computer.
Company: Strata Systems
Compatible: iPod nano
Like Risse Racing's previously released Mork Mount, Strata's iBikeMount allows you to easily attach an iPod nano to your bike's handlebars. A lever clamp is used to secure the nano upwards or downwards, based on your preference; the unit's open, hard plastic and foam design contrasts with the Mork Mount's metal and rubber band approach.
- Apps of the Week: SimCity BuildIt, Run Sackboy! Run!, Star Wars: Galactic Defense + more
- Trent Reznor working on Apple music project
- Magazine publisher Fleishman explains iOS Newsstand’s failure
- Jony Ive: Apple Watch was a ‘design challenge’
- Apple reverses course on iOS calculator widgets
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Rokform Crystal v3 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Bodycon, LifePro, and Helio for iPhone 6 + Bodycon for iPhone 6 Plus
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0