Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
Model: TuffWrap Accent
Compatible: iPod nano, 5G
These two updates to XtremeMac's earlier TuffWrap cases use double-injected rubber mold techniques to offer three different 5G iPod color combinations ($30) and six different iPod nano combinations ($20). The 5G versions are sold in two (30GB and 60GB) sizes. Each one comes with a clear hard plastic screen protector and a soft plastic Click Wheel protector, both of which are separate from the case.
Available in four colors, MicroFolio opens like a book to reveal your fifth-generation iPod and two small card- and cash-sized pockets inside. Like a man's wallet, there's no latch to keep the case closed.
This four-piece collection of connector accessories includes all-new, XtremeMac-themed cosmetic improvements: there's a "home theater" cable with composite stereo audio and video outputs and a minijack audio output, a "home stereo" cable with composite stereo outputs, and a minijack-to-minijack auxiliary audio cable, all with the same black and gray theme. XtremeMac also includes a new black and white audio splitter.
Model: mTune for iPod nano
Compatible: iPod nano, other iPods*
Following up on the company's earlier mTune for iPod shuffle, these two iPod nano-specific versions of the original mTune headset enable you to mount your iPod literally inside one of its earcup shells, and enjoy your music without any cables attached. No batteries are included or needed; it runs, like other headphones, off of the iPod's power. Though the nano is more conspicuous than was the shuffle when connected to mTune, and not necessarily as well-suited to being placed on the side of your head, its added weight is trivial. An audio cable is included if you want to use the headset with any other iPod or device. The mTune-N is designed for the first-generation iPod nano; mTune-N2 is designed for the second-generation, aluminum-bodied nano.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today