Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
This new series of Designer Muffs feature artwork from Australian designers, and are billed as limited editions by manufacturer Muff. Handmade from polyester with a polar fleece interior and foam padding, the cases are cut from a large canvas and are somewhat different from case to case - Ghosties (shown), Skulls, and Satisfied are currently available, with Kanga-Kamo coming soon. Muff's randy packaging - inappropriate for younger audiences in some countries - is some of the most interesting we've yet seen for an iPod accessory.
Model: CEO Folio for iPod video
Compatible: iPod 5G
Marware's newest leather case brings yet another novel twist to the iPod wallet theme: it includes its own pad of paper and a pen. To be officially announced on April 27, CEO Folio is a fine-grain leather, wallet-like case that holds your 5G iPod snugly inside, along with a card storage pocket and writing tools. Five colors will be available (black, pink, blue, red, and olive).
This new combination of RF radio transmitter and receiver can be connected to any Macintosh computer with Front Row - G5 or Intel - and enables you to control Front Row's features from promised 60+ foot distances, or through walls. The remote also features buttons not found on Apple's official remotes, namely a mute button, eject button, and sleep button, plus a pairing switch on the back and a power switch to conserve the remote's battery.
This new sticker set for the iPod nano includes artwork coverage for the majority of the iPod’s front and back - minus rings around the Click Wheel - and a clear separate screen protector. Thirty different patterns are available, including the sample shown here (“Kandinsky VII,” like the famed artist), with more to come in the near future. The skins are more resilient than many we’ve seen, but also a little more difficult to precisely align.
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Apple taking reservations for new iPhones in six European countries
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?