Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
This new series of Designer Muffs feature artwork from Australian designers, and are billed as limited editions by manufacturer Muff. Handmade from polyester with a polar fleece interior and foam padding, the cases are cut from a large canvas and are somewhat different from case to case - Ghosties (shown), Skulls, and Satisfied are currently available, with Kanga-Kamo coming soon. Muff's randy packaging - inappropriate for younger audiences in some countries - is some of the most interesting we've yet seen for an iPod accessory.
Model: CEO Folio for iPod video
Compatible: iPod 5G
Marware's newest leather case brings yet another novel twist to the iPod wallet theme: it includes its own pad of paper and a pen. To be officially announced on April 27, CEO Folio is a fine-grain leather, wallet-like case that holds your 5G iPod snugly inside, along with a card storage pocket and writing tools. Five colors will be available (black, pink, blue, red, and olive).
This new combination of RF radio transmitter and receiver can be connected to any Macintosh computer with Front Row - G5 or Intel - and enables you to control Front Row's features from promised 60+ foot distances, or through walls. The remote also features buttons not found on Apple's official remotes, namely a mute button, eject button, and sleep button, plus a pairing switch on the back and a power switch to conserve the remote's battery.
This new sticker set for the iPod nano includes artwork coverage for the majority of the iPod’s front and back - minus rings around the Click Wheel - and a clear separate screen protector. Thirty different patterns are available, including the sample shown here (“Kandinsky VII,” like the famed artist), with more to come in the near future. The skins are more resilient than many we’ve seen, but also a little more difficult to precisely align.
- Report: Apple now prioritizing autonomous driving system in car project
- WSJ: Apple’s ‘hard-charging’ approach unsuccessful in negotiations with TV networks
- Video purports to show official Lightning to 3.5mm headphone adapter
- New iPhone pre-orders to start Sept. 9?
- Apple has sold one billion iPhones
- Parkopedia to provide detailed parking information for Apple Maps [Updated]
- Microsoft releases Pix camera app for iPhone
- Adobe launches new Lightroom viewer for Apple TV
- Australian banks team up to push for other mobile payment apps on iPhone
- Report: iPhone 7 may feature 3D Touch home button
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app