Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
This new series of Designer Muffs feature artwork from Australian designers, and are billed as limited editions by manufacturer Muff. Handmade from polyester with a polar fleece interior and foam padding, the cases are cut from a large canvas and are somewhat different from case to case - Ghosties (shown), Skulls, and Satisfied are currently available, with Kanga-Kamo coming soon. Muff's randy packaging - inappropriate for younger audiences in some countries - is some of the most interesting we've yet seen for an iPod accessory.
Model: CEO Folio for iPod video
Compatible: iPod 5G
Marware's newest leather case brings yet another novel twist to the iPod wallet theme: it includes its own pad of paper and a pen. To be officially announced on April 27, CEO Folio is a fine-grain leather, wallet-like case that holds your 5G iPod snugly inside, along with a card storage pocket and writing tools. Five colors will be available (black, pink, blue, red, and olive).
This new combination of RF radio transmitter and receiver can be connected to any Macintosh computer with Front Row - G5 or Intel - and enables you to control Front Row's features from promised 60+ foot distances, or through walls. The remote also features buttons not found on Apple's official remotes, namely a mute button, eject button, and sleep button, plus a pairing switch on the back and a power switch to conserve the remote's battery.
This new sticker set for the iPod nano includes artwork coverage for the majority of the iPod’s front and back - minus rings around the Click Wheel - and a clear separate screen protector. Thirty different patterns are available, including the sample shown here (“Kandinsky VII,” like the famed artist), with more to come in the near future. The skins are more resilient than many we’ve seen, but also a little more difficult to precisely align.
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Apple expands personal pickup to Apple Stores in the UK
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?