Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
This unique hard foam rubber grip wraps around your iPod nano, and with an adjustable hand strap enables you to carry the nano more easily in your hand while jogging or walking. Your nano's front is fully exposed (though mightily recessed) while inside; a tunnel to its headphone port is on the bottom. Two colors (black and pink) are available.
Model: TuffWrap Accent
Compatible: iPod nano, 5G
These two updates to XtremeMac's earlier TuffWrap cases use double-injected rubber mold techniques to offer three different 5G iPod color combinations ($30) and six different iPod nano combinations ($20). The 5G versions are sold in two (30GB and 60GB) sizes. Each one comes with a clear hard plastic screen protector and a soft plastic Click Wheel protector, both of which are separate from the case.
Available in four colors, MicroFolio opens like a book to reveal your fifth-generation iPod and two small card- and cash-sized pockets inside. Like a man's wallet, there's no latch to keep the case closed.
This four-piece collection of connector accessories includes all-new, XtremeMac-themed cosmetic improvements: there's a "home theater" cable with composite stereo audio and video outputs and a minijack audio output, a "home stereo" cable with composite stereo outputs, and a minijack-to-minijack auxiliary audio cable, all with the same black and gray theme. XtremeMac also includes a new black and white audio splitter.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?