Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
Model: iPort FS-2
Compatible: iPod 3G, 4G, 5G, iPod mini, iPod nano
Following up on its eponymous in-wall iPod docking station, iPort's FS-2 is a free standing iPod dock, featuring a built-in pre-amp and integrated Infrared receiver, plus a breakout box for unbalanced audio and video. Features such as balanced audio, RS-232 and balanced video are sold as upgrades to this model. It resizes automatically to fit iPods and minis; nano uses an included insert.
Model: The Wrap for the iPod nano
Compatible: iPod nano
Somewhat like a small leather wallet or keypurse, The Wrap surrounds your iPod nano with a genuine leather exterior, clear plastic nano sleeve, and an iridescent inner silk lining. Velcro seals the case closed. Multiple leather variants are available; our review sample has a crocodile-like texture.
This flip-open leather and fabric case comes in multiple colors, and features a snap-laden belt loop that opens to turn into an angled stand for video viewing. Different sized versions are available for 30GB and 60GB iPods.
These 10 new stickers for the iPod nano - sold individually - feature stylized, detailed artwork for the nano’s front and rear faces. Side, top, and bottom stickers aren’t included.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?