Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
Model: Wired Keyboard for iPad
Compatible: iPad, iPad 2, iPad (3rd-Gen)
Following Macally, Logitech is one of the first accessory makers to introduce a wired keyboard for iPad. The company calls its version... you guessed it: Wired Keyboard for iPad ($60). Available in Dock Connector and Lightning versions, the plastic keyboard uses a cord to connect to your iPad. Instead of requiring its own batteries, it draws power directly from your tablet. No stand is included with this one, however, so you'll have to provide your own.
We've seen plenty of novel screen protector application systems, but Tylt's new ALIN ($25) might be one of the smartest yet. Coming with three clear films, an anti-glare film, a cleaning cloth, and a squeegee, the key to the system is the plastic alignment tool. Your iPhone 5 or 5s snaps into it, providing a guide for the installation of the film. Just line the edge of the film up with the edge of the plastic, lay it down, and squeeze out any bubbles.
Milan ($60) is Marware's wallet case for the iPhone 5 and 5s. It's somewhat special in that it uses both genuine leather and real wood in its outer case, and both materials are quite nice. Inside are a shell-style case for the handset, plus a credit card slot, plastic window for your ID, and a small pocket for cash, another credit card, or perhaps even a key. The iPhone can be placed on a viewing angle, although the case will have to be broken in before it maintains its position properly. A screen film and cleaning cloth are included.
Billed as a "premium iPhone wallet case," Moshi's Overture for iPhone 5/5s ($45) combines a fabric or faux leather cover with a shell-style case, three card slots, and, most uniquely, an integrated cleaning cloth. As with many wallet cases, the iPhone simply snaps onto a frame attached to the inside of the rear cover. A neat screen cleaner helps to set Overture apart: the small square of microfiber adheres to a corresponding patch underneath the credit card slots when not in use.
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks