Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
This combination of a genuine leather case, rechargeable battery pack, and double-speaker system provides an all-in-one way for you to substantially protect your iPod nano (aluminum or glossy) and hear its audio. Designed only to power the speakers, the internal battery runs for up to 5 hours, and is recharged by an included wall power supply. You can pull the speakers and connect them to any non-nano device with a 1/8" headphone port.
Designed for the original iPod nano but just barely able to fit the newer aluminum version, Nyko's Sound Stage is an all-in-one speaker system that uses wall power to charge and perform audio from your iPod. Four speaker drivers are augmented by a bass boost feature Like other Nyko products, clear plastic and metal are used to great effect in the speaker's design; a matching 9-button wireless remote control with iPod menu control is included in the package. iPod synchronization can be handled through a rear pass-through Dock Connector port.
Company: Ultimate Ears
Model: metro.fi 2
Compatible: All iPods
As the first offering in the company's new metro.fi series of low-end but good-looking earphones, the $80 metro.fi 2 will be the least expensive in-canal design in Ultimate Ears' lineup. Each pair is primarily black with silver accents, and comes with several pairs of clear frosted silicone rubber earpieces. The company's goal is to beat the cheapie in-canal phones sold by companies like Sony, by offering audibly superior clarity and an Ultimate Ears-quality sound signature.
Model: Universal FM Transmitter
Compatible: All iPods
Compatible with both generations of iPod shuffle but designed generically for use with any MP3 player, Kensington's Universal FM Transmitter is based upon the form factor of the superb Digital FM Transmitter and Auto Charger, and therefore requires a car power port to function, but lacks iPod charging functionality. Radio station tuning is accomplished via an integrated LCD screen and up/down buttons; three preset buttons are located on the accessory's face for easy memory. Once a clear station from 88.1FM to 107.9FM has been picked on your radio, the Universal FM Transmitter broadcasts your iPod's headphone port audio to that station.
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?