Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
This combination of a genuine leather case, rechargeable battery pack, and double-speaker system provides an all-in-one way for you to substantially protect your iPod nano (aluminum or glossy) and hear its audio. Designed only to power the speakers, the internal battery runs for up to 5 hours, and is recharged by an included wall power supply. You can pull the speakers and connect them to any non-nano device with a 1/8" headphone port.
Designed for the original iPod nano but just barely able to fit the newer aluminum version, Nyko's Sound Stage is an all-in-one speaker system that uses wall power to charge and perform audio from your iPod. Four speaker drivers are augmented by a bass boost feature Like other Nyko products, clear plastic and metal are used to great effect in the speaker's design; a matching 9-button wireless remote control with iPod menu control is included in the package. iPod synchronization can be handled through a rear pass-through Dock Connector port.
Company: Ultimate Ears
Model: metro.fi 2
Compatible: All iPods
As the first offering in the company's new metro.fi series of low-end but good-looking earphones, the $80 metro.fi 2 will be the least expensive in-canal design in Ultimate Ears' lineup. Each pair is primarily black with silver accents, and comes with several pairs of clear frosted silicone rubber earpieces. The company's goal is to beat the cheapie in-canal phones sold by companies like Sony, by offering audibly superior clarity and an Ultimate Ears-quality sound signature.
Model: Universal FM Transmitter
Compatible: All iPods
Compatible with both generations of iPod shuffle but designed generically for use with any MP3 player, Kensington's Universal FM Transmitter is based upon the form factor of the superb Digital FM Transmitter and Auto Charger, and therefore requires a car power port to function, but lacks iPod charging functionality. Radio station tuning is accomplished via an integrated LCD screen and up/down buttons; three preset buttons are located on the accessory's face for easy memory. Once a clear station from 88.1FM to 107.9FM has been picked on your radio, the Universal FM Transmitter broadcasts your iPod's headphone port audio to that station.
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?