Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
This combination of a genuine leather case, rechargeable battery pack, and double-speaker system provides an all-in-one way for you to substantially protect your iPod nano (aluminum or glossy) and hear its audio. Designed only to power the speakers, the internal battery runs for up to 5 hours, and is recharged by an included wall power supply. You can pull the speakers and connect them to any non-nano device with a 1/8" headphone port.
Designed for the original iPod nano but just barely able to fit the newer aluminum version, Nyko's Sound Stage is an all-in-one speaker system that uses wall power to charge and perform audio from your iPod. Four speaker drivers are augmented by a bass boost feature Like other Nyko products, clear plastic and metal are used to great effect in the speaker's design; a matching 9-button wireless remote control with iPod menu control is included in the package. iPod synchronization can be handled through a rear pass-through Dock Connector port.
Company: Ultimate Ears
Model: metro.fi 2
Compatible: All iPods
As the first offering in the company's new metro.fi series of low-end but good-looking earphones, the $80 metro.fi 2 will be the least expensive in-canal design in Ultimate Ears' lineup. Each pair is primarily black with silver accents, and comes with several pairs of clear frosted silicone rubber earpieces. The company's goal is to beat the cheapie in-canal phones sold by companies like Sony, by offering audibly superior clarity and an Ultimate Ears-quality sound signature.
Model: Universal FM Transmitter
Compatible: All iPods
Compatible with both generations of iPod shuffle but designed generically for use with any MP3 player, Kensington's Universal FM Transmitter is based upon the form factor of the superb Digital FM Transmitter and Auto Charger, and therefore requires a car power port to function, but lacks iPod charging functionality. Radio station tuning is accomplished via an integrated LCD screen and up/down buttons; three preset buttons are located on the accessory's face for easy memory. Once a clear station from 88.1FM to 107.9FM has been picked on your radio, the Universal FM Transmitter broadcasts your iPod's headphone port audio to that station.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12