Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
This combination of a genuine leather case, rechargeable battery pack, and double-speaker system provides an all-in-one way for you to substantially protect your iPod nano (aluminum or glossy) and hear its audio. Designed only to power the speakers, the internal battery runs for up to 5 hours, and is recharged by an included wall power supply. You can pull the speakers and connect them to any non-nano device with a 1/8" headphone port.
Designed for the original iPod nano but just barely able to fit the newer aluminum version, Nyko's Sound Stage is an all-in-one speaker system that uses wall power to charge and perform audio from your iPod. Four speaker drivers are augmented by a bass boost feature Like other Nyko products, clear plastic and metal are used to great effect in the speaker's design; a matching 9-button wireless remote control with iPod menu control is included in the package. iPod synchronization can be handled through a rear pass-through Dock Connector port.
Company: Ultimate Ears
Model: metro.fi 2
Compatible: All iPods
As the first offering in the company's new metro.fi series of low-end but good-looking earphones, the $80 metro.fi 2 will be the least expensive in-canal design in Ultimate Ears' lineup. Each pair is primarily black with silver accents, and comes with several pairs of clear frosted silicone rubber earpieces. The company's goal is to beat the cheapie in-canal phones sold by companies like Sony, by offering audibly superior clarity and an Ultimate Ears-quality sound signature.
Model: Universal FM Transmitter
Compatible: All iPods
Compatible with both generations of iPod shuffle but designed generically for use with any MP3 player, Kensington's Universal FM Transmitter is based upon the form factor of the superb Digital FM Transmitter and Auto Charger, and therefore requires a car power port to function, but lacks iPod charging functionality. Radio station tuning is accomplished via an integrated LCD screen and up/down buttons; three preset buttons are located on the accessory's face for easy memory. Once a clear station from 88.1FM to 107.9FM has been picked on your radio, the Universal FM Transmitter broadcasts your iPod's headphone port audio to that station.
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Problem with iPad app grounds American Airlines flights
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Users with arm tattoos report problems with Apple Watch sensors
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?