Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
Models: Miro, Pine, Matai
Price: $47 (each)
Compatible: iPod 5G
Available in three styles, these genuine leather cases are lined with suede and come with matching detachable metal and leather straps. The thong-like Miro for 30GB iPods is available in three color combinations, and offers the least protection; the magnet-flapped Pine case for 60GB and 80GB iPods is available in two floral-accented versions; and the universal Matari sleeve (30/60/80GB) also comes in two colors, each with a metal ring at front center.
Company: DICE Electronics
Prices: $160 (Kit) + $60 (Cradle)
Compatible: All Dock Conneting iPods
Connecting to a separately sold universal mounting cradle that's equipped with Dock Connector and video output ports (for color 4G and 5G iPods only), DICE Electronics' latest series of iPod Integration Kits ($160) are vehicle-specific - very vehicle-specific. These kits provide a line-quality audio connection and charging interface for your Dock Connecting iPod, allowing you to control your iPod through your car's existing stereo system. Some cars support the display of iPod text on their radio screens; others don't.
Price: $59-69 online, $40 (Level 1) in-store
Compatible: iPod 4G, 5G, nano*
This software package for the iPod - also compatible with other screened portable devices - provides photographic on-screen workouts for strength, weight loss, endurance, flexibility, heart health, and yoga, spread out across 6 days of different activities. PumpOne's goal is to provide the on-screen equivalent of a personal trainer that won't interrupt your music playback, and can be viewed at your personal pace. Tip screens give you instructions to help you properly perform the depicted actions. Three versions are available - Level 1 to Level 3 - and sold for $59 to $69 a piece online, or $179 collectively. The Level 1 box shown here is available for $40 at retail stores.
Following up on last year's shuffle Sweats for iPod shuffle, iMojo has returned with nano Sweats, two-packs of machine washable terrycloth forearm bands with iPod nano holders and cord managers built in to their fronts. Now available in two sizes - "one size fits most" and XL - the nano Sweats come in two colors (white and/or black), and allow you to insert either 1G or 2G nanos upside down or rightside up, depending on your preference. Still sold in two-packs, the new version is more expensive than before, and includes a clear plastic iPod nano shield on its front surface.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015