Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
Models: Miro, Pine, Matai
Price: $47 (each)
Compatible: iPod 5G
Available in three styles, these genuine leather cases are lined with suede and come with matching detachable metal and leather straps. The thong-like Miro for 30GB iPods is available in three color combinations, and offers the least protection; the magnet-flapped Pine case for 60GB and 80GB iPods is available in two floral-accented versions; and the universal Matari sleeve (30/60/80GB) also comes in two colors, each with a metal ring at front center.
Company: DICE Electronics
Prices: $160 (Kit) + $60 (Cradle)
Compatible: All Dock Conneting iPods
Connecting to a separately sold universal mounting cradle that's equipped with Dock Connector and video output ports (for color 4G and 5G iPods only), DICE Electronics' latest series of iPod Integration Kits ($160) are vehicle-specific - very vehicle-specific. These kits provide a line-quality audio connection and charging interface for your Dock Connecting iPod, allowing you to control your iPod through your car's existing stereo system. Some cars support the display of iPod text on their radio screens; others don't.
Price: $59-69 online, $40 (Level 1) in-store
Compatible: iPod 4G, 5G, nano*
This software package for the iPod - also compatible with other screened portable devices - provides photographic on-screen workouts for strength, weight loss, endurance, flexibility, heart health, and yoga, spread out across 6 days of different activities. PumpOne's goal is to provide the on-screen equivalent of a personal trainer that won't interrupt your music playback, and can be viewed at your personal pace. Tip screens give you instructions to help you properly perform the depicted actions. Three versions are available - Level 1 to Level 3 - and sold for $59 to $69 a piece online, or $179 collectively. The Level 1 box shown here is available for $40 at retail stores.
Following up on last year's shuffle Sweats for iPod shuffle, iMojo has returned with nano Sweats, two-packs of machine washable terrycloth forearm bands with iPod nano holders and cord managers built in to their fronts. Now available in two sizes - "one size fits most" and XL - the nano Sweats come in two colors (white and/or black), and allow you to insert either 1G or 2G nanos upside down or rightside up, depending on your preference. Still sold in two-packs, the new version is more expensive than before, and includes a clear plastic iPod nano shield on its front surface.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?