Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
Models: Miro, Pine, Matai
Price: $47 (each)
Compatible: iPod 5G
Available in three styles, these genuine leather cases are lined with suede and come with matching detachable metal and leather straps. The thong-like Miro for 30GB iPods is available in three color combinations, and offers the least protection; the magnet-flapped Pine case for 60GB and 80GB iPods is available in two floral-accented versions; and the universal Matari sleeve (30/60/80GB) also comes in two colors, each with a metal ring at front center.
Company: DICE Electronics
Prices: $160 (Kit) + $60 (Cradle)
Compatible: All Dock Conneting iPods
Connecting to a separately sold universal mounting cradle that's equipped with Dock Connector and video output ports (for color 4G and 5G iPods only), DICE Electronics' latest series of iPod Integration Kits ($160) are vehicle-specific - very vehicle-specific. These kits provide a line-quality audio connection and charging interface for your Dock Connecting iPod, allowing you to control your iPod through your car's existing stereo system. Some cars support the display of iPod text on their radio screens; others don't.
Price: $59-69 online, $40 (Level 1) in-store
Compatible: iPod 4G, 5G, nano*
This software package for the iPod - also compatible with other screened portable devices - provides photographic on-screen workouts for strength, weight loss, endurance, flexibility, heart health, and yoga, spread out across 6 days of different activities. PumpOne's goal is to provide the on-screen equivalent of a personal trainer that won't interrupt your music playback, and can be viewed at your personal pace. Tip screens give you instructions to help you properly perform the depicted actions. Three versions are available - Level 1 to Level 3 - and sold for $59 to $69 a piece online, or $179 collectively. The Level 1 box shown here is available for $40 at retail stores.
Following up on last year's shuffle Sweats for iPod shuffle, iMojo has returned with nano Sweats, two-packs of machine washable terrycloth forearm bands with iPod nano holders and cord managers built in to their fronts. Now available in two sizes - "one size fits most" and XL - the nano Sweats come in two colors (white and/or black), and allow you to insert either 1G or 2G nanos upside down or rightside up, depending on your preference. Still sold in two-packs, the new version is more expensive than before, and includes a clear plastic iPod nano shield on its front surface.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?