Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
Company: H2O Audio
Compatible: iPod 5G
Highly similar in design to the company's previously released Waterproof Housing for iPod nano, the new Waterproof Housing for iPod (with video) pairs a 10-foot submersible watertight enclosure with an adjustable neoprene armband and interior sizing brackets (plus screwdriver) for 30GB and 60GB iPods. As before, you slide your iPod into the hard case, shut it with a lock at the bottom, and connect waterproof headphones - still sold separately - to listen to your music underwater. The specially designed mechanical Click Wheel cover provides full access to the iPod's controls (except the Hold switch) while submerged. A Swimbelt for the case is available as an option.
Model: iPod Leather Flipcase
Compatible: iPod nano
Though highly similar to OEM leather cases we've previously seen, the Rhinoskin iPod Leather Case (aka iPod Leather Flipcase) for iPod nano adds a matching leather wrist strap to the established plastic belt clip, metal belt clip nub, and magnetic front flap clasp we've seen before. The case opens to reveal two plastic clips that hold the nano in place using pressure.
This simple plastic shell uses a rotary dial to let you adjust the length of any pair of headphone cords, then attach the spool to your clothes with a rear belt clip. The winding process is extremely simple; aided by a unique pop-open design that relies upon the integrated belt clip to lock and unlock the front piece of the shell.
Prices: $150 (Wireless Dock + HD Audio Receiver), $50 (Receiver only)
Compatible: iPod 3G, 4G, 5G, mini, nano
As an alternate or additional component for the iDea Wireless Home Dock and HD-Audio Headset previously reviewed on iLounge, FriendTech's Wireless HD-Audio Receiver is sold for $50 without the $150 Wireless Home Dock, or free with the purchase of the unit. It uses 2.4GHz radio frequency technology to receive audio broadcast from your iPod inside the Wireless Home Dock, and pipes that audio through to your stereo system. A power supply and audio cables are included in the package.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12