Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
Model: TuneStage for iPod nano
Compatible: iPod nano
As an updated version of the company's earlier TuneStage for iPod (iLounge rating: B+), the TuneStage for iPod nano lets you enjoy your iPod's music wirelessly through a stereo up to 33 feet away. The box still includes four pieces: a wireless Bluetooth 1.2 transmitter to attach to the iPod, a wireless receiver that attaches to your stereo system, a stereo audio cable, and a power supply for the receiver. Belkin has replaced its earlier top-mounting Bluetooth transmitter - made only for 3G, 4G, and mini iPods - with a bottom-mounting transmitter that now physically fits only the iPod nano, connecting to both its headphone and Dock Connector ports. If you're using your nano near a USB port or charger, and want to supply your own mini-USB cable, a port at the transmitter's bottom lets you recharge while broadcasting.
Model: Capsule Stickies
Price: $4/€4 per 3-pack
Compatible: iPod nano
Available in six different 3-packs, Capsule Stickies are Click Wheel stickers sized for the iPod nano, featuring art by yolkdesign. A pack called Japanorama has three stickers with Japanese-translated Menu text, Communist features Sino-inspired art with Chinese-translated Click Wheel icons, and other packs - Elegance, Sterile, Morbid, and Shutter - use Western-style icons and English text. The art on all of the Stickies is cool, and intended to match or enhance the company's earlier Capsule cases for iPod nano. Static Cling is used rather than sticky adhesive, making the covers reusable and non-gummy. They'll be available starting July 17 from SwitchEasy's web site.
iSkin's latest offering for the iPod nano is DuoBand, which like the Claro case for 5G iPods uses a combination of a hard plastic outer shell and a silicone rubber insert to protect your nano's body from environmental damage. DuoBand also includes a washable fabric armband with Velcro for adjustment and reflective strips for nighttime use. Since the case protects the iPod's Dock Connector with hard, stationary plastic, it is not compatible with Apple's new Nike+iPod Sport Kit.
Model: Claro Slims
Price: $25 ($20 with purchase of Claro)
Compatible: iPod 5G
These two three-packs of thin silicone rubber inserts are used alongside iSkin's previously-released Claro case (iLounge rating: B+), enabling you to change the color of your iPod while still preserving the hard clear protection of the outer Claro case. One pack contains red, pink, and purple slims, another white, black, and blue ones.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today