Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
Company: Power Support
Compatible: iPod nano
Designed as an alternative to hard plastic nano shells from companies such as Otter and H2O Audio, Power Support's Water-Resistant Case for iPod nano ($36) is lightweight and easy to carry, a rubber tube that shields the nano's entire body from the sort of splashes and sweat you'll deal with during jogs outside and/or in the rain. It's not designed to be submerged in water. A headphone port extension cable is included to let you use any pair of earphones you prefer; just be sure they're not going to break upon water exposure. You can also wrap your headphone cord around cord management grooves molded into the case's top and bottom sides. Power Support advises us that the Water-Resistant Case will be on its website soon.
Sold in canvas ($17) and sheepskin leather ($18) variants, the Wallet for iPod nano is exactly what you'd expect from the name - a bare-bones wallet that holds the nano on its interior left side, with a card-slotted flap that covers nano's face when the case is closed. An integrated screen protector is provided, but there are holes at the top and bottom of the nano, as well as its Click Wheel, and no clasp is there to hold the case closed. Black and pink leather versions are available, the black one with a red, U2 iPod-style interior, along with "urban camo" and "pink camo" canvas cases.
Similar to the EyeTV 200 we previously checked out, Elgato's new EyeTV 250 is considerably cheaper ($200), physically smaller - the same footprint as a full-sized iPod, but twice as thick as the thickest iPod models - and still capable of running with the EyeTV 2 software we reviewed before. The EyeTV 250 uses USB 2.0 rather than FireWire for its connection to a Macintosh computer, and cosmetically matches the white plastic and aluminum bodies of Mac minis. A large black remote control is also included in the package.
Models: Skins for iPod nano
Compatible: iPod nano
With over 200 different patterns, these inexpensive iPod nano front and back-covering stickers represent a staggering collection of artistic variations. They're nothing mindblowing on quality or protection, but the sheer array of options guarantees that you'll find something to your liking.
- Report: Some third-party repairs ‘bricking’ iPhones with iOS 9
- Report: Apple to bid on NFL Thursday Night Football streaming rights
- Apple to begin taking broken iPhones for trade-in, offer in-store screen protector installation
- Apple ordered to pay $625M to VirnetX in patent case
- Apple Pay reaches 2 million retail locations
- Apple acquires security company LegbaCore
- Zagg to acquire Mophie for $100 million
- Report: iPhone 7 to include flush camera lens, drop rear antenna bands
- Report: iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 set for March 15 unveil
- Alleged iPad Air 3 drawing shows Smart Connector, four speakers, camera flash
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!