Welcome to our new, continuously-updated First Looks - a collection of previews showing brand new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories that we’re currently in the process of testing. Here’s what’s hot right now:
Models: Skins for iPod nano
Compatible: iPod nano
With over 200 different patterns, these inexpensive iPod nano front and back-covering stickers represent a staggering collection of artistic variations. They're nothing mindblowing on quality or protection, but the sheer array of options guarantees that you'll find something to your liking.
Compatible: iPod 5G, iPod nano
These simple and inexpensive fabric sleeves, sold in different sizes for full-sized iPods and nanos, come in a wide variety of colors and textures. Though a tiger-like animal print wasn't as hairy as we expected, others (black fur) were, while still others had surprising raised text and interesting patterns. They're certainly more novel than a lot of the sleeves we've seen in the past.
Model: New York Landmark Folio
Compatible: iPod nano, iPod 5G
Exclusive to the new Fifth Avenue Apple Store in New York City, Incase's customized New York Landmark Folio cases for iPod 5G and nano use the company's familiar Folio protective design - a flip-open, snap-closed holder with an integrated belt clip - and subtle, embossed artwork of arches, the Empire State Building, the Brooklyn Bridge, and the Statue of Liberty. Black and white versions were available at the store's opening; Incase expects that the limited run of these cases has already sold out since that event, making them collectible.
Model: Splash Pack Dri Pod
Compatible: iPod 1G-5G (Large), iPod mini, nano, shuffle (Small)
This inexpensive new bag-like waterproof iPod case is sold in two sizes (large/small), each permitting access to an iPod's screen and Click Wheel through a flexible plastic material. The front of Dri Pod is clear, the rear is frosted, and both an adjustable lanyard necklace and headphone port extension plug are integrated into the case. Water is kept out through a system of three "Sure-lock seals" (think Ziploc bags with a Velcro wrap at the top), and Allsop rates Dri Pod as submersible to 9 feet (3 meters), assuming you provide your own waterproof headphones. Sand and dust are also kept away from the iPod while inside, however, the company warns against heat and sunlight damage.
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Square plans to accept Apple Pay in 2015
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0