iLounge Forum Policy
Listed below are the Forum Policies for iLounge.com - Click a title to read the full policy.
Commercial forum members MAY NOT advertise in the iLounge forums, or through the iLounge Private Message system.
Commercial forum members include manufacturers, individuals selling items he or she made for more than the cost of parts and/or actual shipping charges, individuals performing services (like modifications or any other service) for which the price charged is more than the cost of parts and/or actual shipping charges, dealers, distributors, manufacturer's representatives, importers, magazine and e-zine writers and others.
Advertising is defined by any of the following:
- Display of your company URL in your signature. You may have a URL listed in your 'Homepage' field in your member Profile only.
- Any commercial forum member, "past, present, or future", must denote their position within their company in their "Custom User Text" or "Title" as found within forum User Profile configuration page. For example "Designer", "Manufacturer", "Distributor", "Reseller", etc. The title must be clear and accurate.
- No commercial forum member may use his/her business name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or URL as part of his/her user name.
- A commercial forum member may not volunteer any information about a specific product that he is selling or making, either in response to a general request for information about a type of product or in any other discussion in the forums or through the Private Message system. For example, Commercial forum members may not suggest their own products in any way when an iLounge member asks for advice on a pair of headphones.
- Any commercial forum member caught posting about their products under the guise/profile of a non-commercial member risks consequences up to and including permanent forum banishment for all profiles.
- Commercial forum members may not post negative comments about products/services of competitors.
- A commercial forum member may not review (or make any subjective assessments of) his or her services and/or products he or she manufacturers, represents, sells.
- No iLounge forum member, commercial or non-commercial, may post topics or replies on the forums on behalf of commercial forum members who may be banned from the iLounge forums.
- Any non-commercial forum member wishing to contact a commercial forum member directly with a specific customer support issue must contact him/her either by Private Message or eMail.
In summary, iLounge welcomes commercial forum members to responsibly represent their company in response to specific, pressing technical questions regarding their products or services. Commercial Members are encouraged to submit their details to the iPod Gear & Repair Business Directory - this directory will enable our members to quickly identify iLounge forum members that represent a commercial business on this forum (manufacturers, distributors, resellers and repairs). However, anything that would be better communicated on the commercial member's own company website is not welcome on iLounge forums.
The only exception of the above set of rules is, of course, our Classifieds forum, which is set up for the sale of products between two non-commercial iLounge forum members.
If you decide you do not like the Username you registered with, please do not create a new account in order to change it - if you contact any Admin and your alternative Username is available we will change it for you. This also means you will retain your existing post count.
Anyone asking for or providing links to pirated CD-keys or serial numbers will be immediately banned, without warning.
This is also considered as advertising in the forums, and is not allowed under our Advertising Policy.
Members who post such schemes may be suspended from the forums and if they continue to post may be banned altogether.
(Post whoring is when you post messages back to back that could have been easily in 1 post or when you have innocuous conversations back and forth with minimal post material or content or even minimal word content for that matter. Please use the Private Message system for such conversations.)
Likewise, forum flooding is prohibited, as is spamming the forums with posts linking to other sites/forums (which is considered advertising). Post "bumps" will be deleted.
Any such requests will be removed without warning and continued attempts to use the forums for such activity may result in temporary suspension of the members account.
Neither is the soliciting of our members for other website forums permitted. Recruiting our members to other forums is strictly forbidden. If you are simply here to promote your own forum, then please refrain from doing so.
We are proud of the fact we have built our membership up over the years purely by "word of mouth" and would not consider visiting other forums to poach their members. Please respect this and do not post requests to visit your forum and register. Any such requests or posts will be removed. This also includes making posts with the express intention of driving traffic to your own blog or web page.
You are permitted to have your website included in your profile as a Homepage link, as long as that website/homepage does not breach any forum policy.
Such behaviour could be considered fraud and is not endorsed by or appropriate for discussion on iLounge.
Also, we like to discuss all kinds of things in iLounge, and we like to have fun. So, there are forums provided for topics not related directly to the iPod (like "Music Explorations" and the catchall forum "The Lounge"). Feel free to use these forums for discussing other topics.
PLEASE read the iLounge FAQs to see if your question is listed and answered there before posting it. While the iLounge Administrators, Moderators, and members are all very happy to answer questions and provide help, it gets very tiring (and time consuming) answering the same questions over and over in the forums. So, please help them all out and use the FAQs - that is what they are there for.
- Type and model of computer
- OS version
- Model of iPod
- iPod firmware version
- Any specific error messages or description of what is (or is not) happening
"Correspondence Received and Communication: iLounge reserves the right to use as it sees fit any and all information or correspondence sent to it or its current or future Services via email, letters, phone, or any electronic or other means of communication. You acknowledge that any communication with or transmission to iLounge may be intercepted or read by others and is not confidential. No fiduciary relationship exists between you and iLounge. You represent, warrant, and covenant that you shall not upload, post, distribute or transmit through iLounge any information that (i) restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying iLounge, (ii) in iLounge' discretion is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, or indecent, (iii) constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or violate the law, (iv) violates, plagiarizes, or infringes on the rights of third parties, (v) contains a computer virus or other harmful component, or (vi) constitutes or contains false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact."
Any PM's which are deemed "unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, or indecent" and which are reported to any staff member will result in the sender being banned. Further action may be taken if deemed necessary.
Note that new users are not permitted to use signatures until they have 10 posts and have been a member for at least 7 days.
"Avatars" (icon representing a user) are enabled for members with 1500 posts (or more) and 365 days (or more) membership of the forums. Maximum Avatar size is 80x80 and no larger than 4KB and animated avatars are not permitted .
The use of any user title or signature which implies an official capacity in the forums, such as Helper, Moderator, Administrator etc, is not allowed. Any avatar or signature graphic which appears to imitate the official iLounge version, or uses any element of the design, will be removed without notification. Advertising in signatures/avatars is not allowed. Please see the forum policy section for commercial members for more details.
We reserve the right to remove any signatures/avatars, that we deem inappropriate, without notice.
Moderators are not normally assigned to specific forums. They moderate any and all discussion forums within iLounge. Moderators are responsible for assisting users wherever possible, maintaining orderly discussions in the forums, ensuring threads are posted in the proper forums, keeping conversations on track, and addressing any threads or posts that are inappropriate and/or in violation of the forum policies.
To facilitate the performance of these duties, Moderators have the ability to delete, move, edit, or otherwise reorder any posts or close threads within any discussion forum. In addition, Moderators have the ability to ban users for clear violations of forum policies (ie, spamming).
Forum Helpers are essentially Junior Moderators who assist the Moderator staff by performing monitoring of the forums. They have similar powers to Moderators in dealing with threads and posts, but without the ability to actually delete posts or ban users. Their primary responsibility is to keep the forums organized and keep conversations on track.
All decisions made by staff should be considered final, if your topic has been closed or removed there's probably a good reason for it. If you want more information about why a decision was made then feel free to PM one of the moderation team.
Appointment as a Moderator/Helper is by invitation only. Moderators are selected based on their level of activity within the forums, their professionalism, judgement, maturity, and communication skills. We do not accept requests to become a Moderator/Helper. Asking will probably hurt your chances of getting picked. Just be here a lot and be helpful and who knows, you may be asked!
The Classifieds forum is provided by iLounge as a free 'marketplace' to buy, sell or trade Apple media devices (iPods/iPhones/iPads/tvs) and related items.
It is not to be used for the sale of products by or to commercial entities, as defined by the commercial forum policy found here.
- Apple TVs and related accessories
- iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories, such as cables, cases, speakers, headphones, docks, etc.
- Original CDs or other original recorded music formats.
Note that when listing an iPhone for sale, the seller must clearly indicate whether or not the iPhone is locked to a particular carrier, and if so which carrier the iPhone is for.
- Computer software of any kind.
- Computer equipment such as laptops, desktop computers, monitors, or other peripherals that are not iPod related
- Non-iPod handheld devices such as personal digital assistants (PDAs), other MP3 players/DAPs, cellular phones, or portable gaming systems, whether or not they also happen to play digital audio/video content.
- Gift certificates/prepaid cards (e.g. iTunes Music Store or Apple Store gift cards).
- Personally recorded media of any kind. This includes any kind of content distributed on a recordable CD/DVD, casette, diskette, or any other media format, including the content of an iPod itself. While we recognize that we cannot force a user to erase their hard drive before selling their iPod, existing content of an iPod should not be advertised as a selling point.
- Any item or lot of items with a selling price in excess of $750 US.
- Other items that are not directly related to the use or care of an Apple media device or related accessory
All members making use of this forum should exercise caution in any deals that they may decide to follow up. While 99.5% of transactions close without a problem and both parties are usually satisfied, there are those individuals who like to take advantage and use the internet as a way to scam people out of their hard earned money.
We have set up a Buyer & Seller Feedback area for positive or negative feedback on previous transactions. You are advised to check the feedback on members before commencing.
You are strongly advised to use the most secure method of payment for any item you are buying or selling. Some general advice can be found here.
If we discover that a member has been involved in any dishonest activity in the forums we will ban that person and if there is evidence of a crime we will co-operate fully with the victim and/or law enforcement agencies to assist in making sure that justice is done.
Remember, we cannot guarantee that an individual is who they say they are, nor that they have the item they are selling.
When posting items, please keep the title of your thread concise, but include sufficient details to describe what you are selling. Also please include the prefix "FS:" (For Sale), "WTB:" (Wanted To Buy) or "WTT:" (Wanted To Trade) as this lets someone browsing the list clearly see the status of an item.
Once your thread is no longer necessary (e.g. you have sold your item), please close it. There is an option to do this in the "Thread Tools" menu at the top of the thread. Only close your thread when you are sure that you no longer need it. Closed threads will automatically be moved into the Archived Classifieds forum, as will threads with no activity in 60 days or more.
What we don't welcome is trolls. We will immediately remove any thread or post that we decide has been made for the purpose of angering others and starting a flame war. We may question the motives of someone who has joined the forums just to make competitive player posts.
We will also remove any posts that are attacks or negative remarks about a non-iPod post that are made simply because the topic is about another player. Simply put, if you don't like someone posting here about another player, too bad. Just ignore it and stick to the iPod threads.
Apple's terms of sale for the iTunes Store clearly state that each country's store is for use only by residents of that particular country. Discussing methods of purchasing content from the iTunes Store outside of your own country is a violation of Apple's terms of service and in some cases could even be construed as fraud.The same applies to any other discussions of similar online services and methods of circumventing purchasing and/or billing restrictions for those services.
You will be banned. End of story.
Using our resources to get free advertising is not something we are willing to allow. We will continue to remove posts which are spam and we will continue to ban members who insist on abusing our forums in this manner.
So your spam will last a few minutes, maybe even an hour or two, but it will be removed and so will you.
The goal of this is to strike a balance between not tying the hands of legitimate new users while still discouraging those users who are signing up merely to spam our forums or post questionable offers.
These restrictions are lifted once a member reaches "Regular Member" status, which occurs after the user has made ten posts and been a member for seven days. Note that the seven-day restriction is in place to discourage users from making excessive unnecessary posts just to quickly reach the "Regular Member" level.
- Report confirms legitimacy of at least some of the stolen iCloud credentials being held for ransom
- New (PRODUCT)RED iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, and 9.7” iPad now available to order
- Apple Store down again ahead of new iPad, Product(RED) iPhone launch
- Apple acquires automation app Workflow
- Nintendo updates Super Mario Run, makes more courses available for free play
- Apple confirms iCloud and Apple ID systems have not been breached in response to hacker threat
- Hackers claim to have access to millions of iCloud accounts, demand ransom from Apple
- Apple’s Siri in the running to voice control room functions at Marriott’s Aloft hotels
- Apple releases iTunes 12.6 with new cross-device movie rental feature
- Apple introduces Clips video app
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Pioneer Rayz Plus Lightning Connector Earphones
- BEEM United BeMe D200 Lightning Connector Earphones
- Jam Audio JAM Xterior Max Rugged Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HiFiMAN Edition S Headphones
- Divoom Timebox Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- iClever BoostSound BTS-09 Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundcast VG1 Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10