Acrylic Software Pulp
Ever used Acrylic Software’s Times reader app? Well, the name’s changed—now it’s called Pulp ($20). There’s no shortage of newsreaders these days, but Pulp is definitely one of the prettiest and has a bunch of killer features, particularly standing out on the Mac. Think of it like a totally customizable newspaper that actually looks like a newspaper.
You set up the sections that you like—technology, news, food—and then add in any sources you want. Don’t worry about knowing the RSS address or anything like that though; Pulp automatically searches for and pulls in all the relevant information after you type in the name of the site. New to this version is the Magic Reader feature. If one of your feeds only displays short text previews, just click a button and you’ll see the whole story without having to go to the browser. This Mac app syncs with the iPad edition so you can keep all your pages, feeds, and saved articles in sync. Pulp has a $10 introductory price, so pick it up before it goes up.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today