Who says you can’t let your nerd flag fly in even the fanciest of situations? Adafruit has you covered with its new LED and aluminum iCufflinks ($128). If you can imagine tearing the power buttons off a couple of MacBook Pros, making them gently pulse like Apple’s famous status lights, and throwing them on the sleeves of a tux, you’ll understand what’s being offered here. Between the outfit and the accessory, you’re bound to impress somebody.
There’s only one hitch here: you have to unscrew the back and pop a battery in, at which point iCufflinks will pulsate for 24 hours before dying; an actual working power button would have been a nice element of the design. Adafruit’s project is open source, so if you don’t want to shell out the cash but do happen to have access to aluminum machining tools, you can feel free to build your own, and possibly better. Also cool: Adafruit reverse-engineered the “breathing” pattern of the lights on Macs to code iCufflinks. A necklace version is planned for release this summer.
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Problem with iPad app grounds American Airlines flights
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Users with arm tattoos report problems with Apple Watch sensors
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?