Adobe Photoshop CC
Just announced at its annual MAX event, Adobe has updated its flagship photo editing application with the introduction of Photoshop CC ($20+ per month). Alongside new features discussed below, it comes with a whole new pricing scheme that caught us off guard, and will likely be unappealing to some users. Now, instead of just buying the app, you have to subscribe to it: $20 a month gets you access to a single title within Adobe’s Creative Cloud (CC)—it’s $30 if you don’t sign an annual contract—and CC pricing starts at $50 a month for the complete collection, including InDesign, Illustrator, and other former Creative Suite apps. Adobe will discontinue support for the CS6 apps when the new CC apps arrive in mid-June.
What’s new in Photoshop CC? Smart Sharpen allows you to improve your pictures while minimizing noise and halos, while intelligent upsampling lets you make photos larger without losing detail, which is really useful when you have to work with small files. Also new: camera shake reduction, which analyzes the trajectory of your shaking camera, and restores sharpness, helping to make up for blurs. Included with the CC subscription is access to all Photoshop Extended features, as well.
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?