Adobe Photoshop CC
Just announced at its annual MAX event, Adobe has updated its flagship photo editing application with the introduction of Photoshop CC ($20+ per month). Alongside new features discussed below, it comes with a whole new pricing scheme that caught us off guard, and will likely be unappealing to some users. Now, instead of just buying the app, you have to subscribe to it: $20 a month gets you access to a single title within Adobe’s Creative Cloud (CC)—it’s $30 if you don’t sign an annual contract—and CC pricing starts at $50 a month for the complete collection, including InDesign, Illustrator, and other former Creative Suite apps. Adobe will discontinue support for the CS6 apps when the new CC apps arrive in mid-June.
What’s new in Photoshop CC? Smart Sharpen allows you to improve your pictures while minimizing noise and halos, while intelligent upsampling lets you make photos larger without losing detail, which is really useful when you have to work with small files. Also new: camera shake reduction, which analyzes the trajectory of your shaking camera, and restores sharpness, helping to make up for blurs. Included with the CC subscription is access to all Photoshop Extended features, as well.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards