Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Editor
A few weeks ago, we featured the newest version of Pixelmator as a great alternative to Adobe’s expensive Photoshop software. We like that it’s much more affordable, yet still has many of the features home users find important. Well, Adobe has debuted its own low-end option: Photoshop Elements 10 Editor ($80) has just become available in the Mac App Store, two months after the boxed version came out. It has almost all of the same features, with the exception of the Elements Organizer and support for Case Sensitive HFS Volumes. It’s also $20 less expensive than before.
Like Pixelmator, Elements is meant to give you many Photoshop-style quick photo editing tools without the steep learning curve. But Elements borrows heavily from the full version of Photoshop, with features including layers and the Spot Healing Brush. One feature that will be really helpful for a lot of people new to photo manipulation is Guided Edits, which walks you through the process step by step while you’re editing. The app even allows you to combine elements from different photos to create one perfect version. We’ll leave it up to you to decide which title is a better fit for your needs, but either way, you’ll likely be happy with your choice.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today