Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Migration From Aperture Guide
Apple’s abrupt discontinuation of the photo editing and library management tool Aperture—software designed to hold hundreds of thousands of photos—left many professional users without many options, other than to convert their photo libraries to competing apps. As the chief beneficiary of Aperture’s impending demise, Adobe has released a migration guide from Aperture to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, walking through a manual export of photos from Aperture, then importation into Lightroom. An automated migration tool is currently being worked on, as well, so you can skip the guide if you’d rather wait for Adobe to release the app.
If the idea of switching from Aperture to Lightroom wasn’t jarring enough, just wait until you read the part of the Adobe guide that explains how already-applied Aperture photo adjustments can’t be read by Lightroom; the workaround is to “export adjusted versions as high-quality 16 bit .tiff files,” then organize the original and adjusted photos to appear next to each other. Expect your exported photo library to swell in size as a result. You’ll also have to manually apply some keywords to images, because Lightroom can’t read Aperture’s color labels, flags, or custom metadata fields. Hopefully Apple and Adobe will find a way to make the transition process a bit easier before Aperture reaches the end of its lifespan.
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Square plans to accept Apple Pay in 2015
- Google settles patent litigation with Apple’s Rockstar consortium
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0