It may not be the prettiest Twitter app out there, but Aki_null’s YoruFukurou (Free)—Japanese for NightOwl—is ridiculously powerful and customizable. It’s perfect for Twitterers who are looking to organize their streams using custom tabs, awesome notifications, personalized color schemes, and appearance modes. Particularly since there’s no charge to give it a shot, it’s definitely worth firing up the Mac App Store for this one.
What we really love about the app is just how easy it is to use. One of our favorite features is the the little gear icon at the top right of the input field, which gives you a drop down menu with options for shortening your links, pasting in information about either the track currently playing on your iTunes or the Safari page you’re on, and even quick access to uploading images and screenshots. It’s simple and makes a ton of sense. And there’s Growl support, so you can see your Tweets as soon as they hit. That’s just scratching the surface, so get downloading and start playing around.
- Apple wants networks to handle streaming for its web TV service
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?