Algoriddim Djay 4
One of the coolest apps to show off your Mac is Algoriddim’s Djay, which turns even the most music-illiterate schlubs into amateur DJs within a matter of minutes—it’s an absolute blast to use. Today, the developer has released the newest iteration of the software, Djay 4 ($20). Because this is a brand new version, there’s no upgrade path, but given the app’s capabilities, 20 bucks strikes us as a fair price. It’s a complete redesign and rewrite of the stellar title, with plenty of new features to make it even better than before.
Up first, the UI has been updated. Instead of disparate windows, everything is now combined into one and the app supports Lion’s full-screen mode—definitely the best way to use it on smaller machines. There’s also iCloud support, allowing you to share information between your Mac and the iOS version of the app. Djay has always allowed you to match songs based on attributes such as beat and tempo, but version 4 adds Harmonic Matching, allowing you to filter your library by key. Algoriddim has expanded support for MIDI controllers, which is sure to put smiles on the faces of DJs who don’t want to ditch their existing hardware. Other new features include an integrated live sampler and new audio effects.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today