Amazon Cloud Player
Amazon’s impressed us with the strength of its MP3 catalog, and the frequent deals it offers on albums. A lot of times, we find ourselves going there for music instead of iTunes, especially because the whole process has been made so simple. Now it’s taking a crack at a music playback app for OS X, essentially replicating the “tunes” part of iTunes. Amazon Cloud Player (Free) was previously accessible over the web, but now it can be downloaded directly to your Mac.
Cloud Player hooks up to your Amazon account, and automatically identifies any music you’ve downloaded through its digital storefront. As a bonus, this includes the song files of many physical CDs bought through the company, meaning you don’t have to worry about ripping past purchases. From there, you can play music, make playlists, or do anything else you’d expect from a music app. Additionally, you can upload your own music, including songs purchased from iTunes, to the cloud. The first 250 songs are free, while you can do up to 250,000 for $25 a year.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today