Amazon Cloud Player
Amazon’s impressed us with the strength of its MP3 catalog, and the frequent deals it offers on albums. A lot of times, we find ourselves going there for music instead of iTunes, especially because the whole process has been made so simple. Now it’s taking a crack at a music playback app for OS X, essentially replicating the “tunes” part of iTunes. Amazon Cloud Player (Free) was previously accessible over the web, but now it can be downloaded directly to your Mac.
Cloud Player hooks up to your Amazon account, and automatically identifies any music you’ve downloaded through its digital storefront. As a bonus, this includes the song files of many physical CDs bought through the company, meaning you don’t have to worry about ripping past purchases. From there, you can play music, make playlists, or do anything else you’d expect from a music app. Additionally, you can upload your own music, including songs purchased from iTunes, to the cloud. The first 250 songs are free, while you can do up to 250,000 for $25 a year.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards