Ambient Design ArtRage 4
As tablets gain ground on traditional desktops and laptops, computer software will inevitably evolve to work across devices—and likely become better in the process. That’s exactly what’s happening with ArtRage 4 ($50), the latest Mac-ready evolution of Ambient Design’s ArtRage Studio Pro. Now featuring advanced support for touch screens, multi-touch screens, graphics tablets and styluses, this powerful painting and drawing app also has a simplified user interface similar to the iPad version of ArtRage 3, plus a collection of new tools to make creating artwork even easier than before. Want to simultaneously see a zoomed-out view of what you’re drawing with precision? Now you can.
Some of the new features include symmetrical mirroring and cloning tools, the ability to paint on scraps of canvas that can be moved around like palettes or test sheets, and fills with gradients and patterns. A substantial collection of tools and features that were previously exclusive to the $80 ArtRage Studio Pro have been brought over to the less expensive ArtRage 4, and new oil paint controls have been added. Mac users will also appreciate the addition of advanced Wacom support for pressure, tilt, barrel rotation, and airbrush wheel controls—as well as Wacom Stylus Recognition to remember the specific tool selected for a specific stylus—and a new non-destructive automatic backup system that saves a painting’s previous steps if you need them. We’re looking forward to seeing some of these new features appear on the iPad, but others ably demonstrate the continued value of higher-end computers.
- Apple Music coming to Sonos Dec. 15 through public beta program
- Apple to drop headphone jack from next iPhone?
- Amazon Instant Video app could hit Apple TV ‘within a few weeks’
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Pro
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?