Ambient Design ArtRage 4
As tablets gain ground on traditional desktops and laptops, computer software will inevitably evolve to work across devices—and likely become better in the process. That’s exactly what’s happening with ArtRage 4 ($50), the latest Mac-ready evolution of Ambient Design’s ArtRage Studio Pro. Now featuring advanced support for touch screens, multi-touch screens, graphics tablets and styluses, this powerful painting and drawing app also has a simplified user interface similar to the iPad version of ArtRage 3, plus a collection of new tools to make creating artwork even easier than before. Want to simultaneously see a zoomed-out view of what you’re drawing with precision? Now you can.
Some of the new features include symmetrical mirroring and cloning tools, the ability to paint on scraps of canvas that can be moved around like palettes or test sheets, and fills with gradients and patterns. A substantial collection of tools and features that were previously exclusive to the $80 ArtRage Studio Pro have been brought over to the less expensive ArtRage 4, and new oil paint controls have been added. Mac users will also appreciate the addition of advanced Wacom support for pressure, tilt, barrel rotation, and airbrush wheel controls—as well as Wacom Stylus Recognition to remember the specific tool selected for a specific stylus—and a new non-destructive automatic backup system that saves a painting’s previous steps if you need them. We’re looking forward to seeing some of these new features appear on the iPad, but others ably demonstrate the continued value of higher-end computers.
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Apple taking reservations for new iPhones in six European countries
- Apple adds transit directions for Boston, Sydney
- Apple acquires artificial intelligence firm Perceptio
- Apple rolls out app thinning in iOS 9.0.2
- Apple Pay transaction numbers still low overall
- Apple releases Apple Watch Hermès collection
- Apple to open Apple TV’s universal search API to more content providers
- Adobe releases Photoshop Fix, Capture CC apps for iOS
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?