Ambient Design ArtRage 4
As tablets gain ground on traditional desktops and laptops, computer software will inevitably evolve to work across devices—and likely become better in the process. That’s exactly what’s happening with ArtRage 4 ($50), the latest Mac-ready evolution of Ambient Design’s ArtRage Studio Pro. Now featuring advanced support for touch screens, multi-touch screens, graphics tablets and styluses, this powerful painting and drawing app also has a simplified user interface similar to the iPad version of ArtRage 3, plus a collection of new tools to make creating artwork even easier than before. Want to simultaneously see a zoomed-out view of what you’re drawing with precision? Now you can.
Some of the new features include symmetrical mirroring and cloning tools, the ability to paint on scraps of canvas that can be moved around like palettes or test sheets, and fills with gradients and patterns. A substantial collection of tools and features that were previously exclusive to the $80 ArtRage Studio Pro have been brought over to the less expensive ArtRage 4, and new oil paint controls have been added. Mac users will also appreciate the addition of advanced Wacom support for pressure, tilt, barrel rotation, and airbrush wheel controls—as well as Wacom Stylus Recognition to remember the specific tool selected for a specific stylus—and a new non-destructive automatic backup system that saves a painting’s previous steps if you need them. We’re looking forward to seeing some of these new features appear on the iPad, but others ably demonstrate the continued value of higher-end computers.
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014