Amped Wireless 802.11ac Router, Range Extender + USB Adapter
Amped Wireless is one of the early champions of 802.11ac, the upcoming wireless broadband standard. Today, it unveiled three new devices that’ll be available in early 2013: the RTA15 High Power Dual Band AC 700mW Wi-Fi Router, REA20 High Power Dual Band AC 700mW Wi-Fi Range Extender, and ACA1 High Power Dual Band AC Wi-Fi USB Adapter ($TBD). Yes, that’s a lot of letters and numbers, but summary point: by next year, expect gigabit Wi-Fi speeds thanks to this router, range extender, and USB Adapter.
The RTA15 Router is a beast, packing three dual-band antennas and ten power amplifiers. Users can plug in a USB accessory for wireless connectivity, or hook up five separate wired Internet devices. If you need to broaden the scope of your network, that’s where REA20 comes into play. The extender will extend any 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi network, and shares all the same features as the router. Finally there’s the USB Adapter—something that’ll be a necessary accessory until Apple builds the new standard into its machines. Simply plug ACA1 into one of your Mac’s USB 3.0 ports and you’re good to go with 802.11ac if you have the proper router in place.
- Amazon Video app update lets Prime users download movies, TV shows for offline viewing
- Report: Apple considering move into original programming
- Malware steals 225,000+ Apple account logins from jailbroken iPhones
- Apple announces partnership with Cisco for iOS business users
- Report: New Apple TV to support Bluetooth gaming controllers
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Apple to make Apple Camp program available year-round
- Apple hiring ex-Microsoft employee hints at augmented reality plans
- Judge limits further filings in patent case between Apple and Samsung
- Report: New Apple TV less than $200, arriving in October
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?