Amped Wireless 802.11ac Router, Range Extender + USB Adapter
Amped Wireless is one of the early champions of 802.11ac, the upcoming wireless broadband standard. Today, it unveiled three new devices that’ll be available in early 2013: the RTA15 High Power Dual Band AC 700mW Wi-Fi Router, REA20 High Power Dual Band AC 700mW Wi-Fi Range Extender, and ACA1 High Power Dual Band AC Wi-Fi USB Adapter ($TBD). Yes, that’s a lot of letters and numbers, but summary point: by next year, expect gigabit Wi-Fi speeds thanks to this router, range extender, and USB Adapter.
The RTA15 Router is a beast, packing three dual-band antennas and ten power amplifiers. Users can plug in a USB accessory for wireless connectivity, or hook up five separate wired Internet devices. If you need to broaden the scope of your network, that’s where REA20 comes into play. The extender will extend any 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi network, and shares all the same features as the router. Finally there’s the USB Adapter—something that’ll be a necessary accessory until Apple builds the new standard into its machines. Simply plug ACA1 into one of your Mac’s USB 3.0 ports and you’re good to go with 802.11ac if you have the proper router in place.
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?