AOC i2757fh 27" IPS Monitor
Apple’s Thunderbolt Display is a thing of beauty, but the static $999 asking price keeps it out of reach for many users. If you’re searching for a similarly giant display that won’t break the bank, check out AOC’s i2757fh 27” IPS Monitor ($349). The name’s nowhere near as elegant and the specs aren’t completely equivalent to the Thunderbolt Display, but it’s definitely worth considering as a budget solution. It looks pretty nice, too.
i2757fh has a narrow 2mm bezel that the company describes as a borderless design. With 1920 by 1080 pixels, the resolution falls short of the Thunderbolt Display’s 2560 by 1440, but it’s still full 1080p—enough for high-definition videos. Your Mac can be connected over HDMI or VGA depending on which model you’re using and the cables you happen to have lying around. Speakers are built in, and the monitor can be removed from the stand for alternate placement. Worth noting: it can be had for as little as $299, a full 70% less expensive than Apple’s display.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, sign up now
- Japan Display vying to be Apple’s primary display supplier (Update: new plant confirmed)
- Apple comes to the Dow Jones Industrial Average, will replace AT&T
- Apple extends iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit (Update: settlement approved)
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?