Apogee Electronics Quartet
Because of the price and functionality, it’s easy to say that Apogee Electronics’ new Quartet ($1,295) isn’t for everyone. But for those looking to do high-end desktop audio recording on their Macs, this is an appealing option: a sophisticated new USB audio interface with a beautiful design, giving professional musicians total control over the recording experience. Plus, it comes from Apogee, a company that knows sound quality.
Quartet gives users all the I/O options they need, right out of the box. There are four analog inputs, six analog outputs, an optical input, and a MIDI connector. If you need to expand, you can add up to eight digital inputs. Additionally, there’s a stereo headphone output for monitoring. Our favorite part of the design and functionality is the pair of OLED screens that change based on the controls you need. Pair those with the attractive large silver dial and you’ve got a device high-end audio recording professionals should definitely check out.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards