Apparent Doxie Go
We thought Apparent’s Doxie scanner was pretty slick back when we first saw it a few months ago, but the company has one-upped itself with the release of Doxie Go ($199). Like the earlier version, Go is a feeding document scanner that supports paper sizes up to 8.5"x11”, with the ability to process smaller pages as well. The big difference here is portability. Apparent has even touted future iOS compatibility, although we haven’t quite seen that yet.
Doxie Go contains pretty much everything it needs to allow you to scan on the go. This means that there’s a built-in rechargeable battery, internal storage, and the ability to save additional images to an SD card. From there you can transfer the images to your Mac using the company’s free companion software, and then share with services such as Evernote and Google Docs. Also included with the scanner are a USB sync/charge cable, calibration sheet, cleaning tool, and carrying case. Hands-on testing of Doxie Go has shown it to be a very competent little scanning device, producing 300dpi images that are surprisingly color-accurate without any user intervention, albeit with a little noise that may or may not be visible depending on how much you zoom into certain images. Scanning speeds are fast, and the unit interfaces well with a computer regardless of whether you’re directly scanning from it with Image Capture or just grabbing pictures it self-scanned without USB connectivity. We’re anxious to see how it works with iOS devices, assuming the company’s iOS kit makes it into stores, but as a very small standalone accessory, it works very well.
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?