Apparent Doxie Go
We thought Apparent’s Doxie scanner was pretty slick back when we first saw it a few months ago, but the company has one-upped itself with the release of Doxie Go ($199). Like the earlier version, Go is a feeding document scanner that supports paper sizes up to 8.5"x11”, with the ability to process smaller pages as well. The big difference here is portability. Apparent has even touted future iOS compatibility, although we haven’t quite seen that yet.
Doxie Go contains pretty much everything it needs to allow you to scan on the go. This means that there’s a built-in rechargeable battery, internal storage, and the ability to save additional images to an SD card. From there you can transfer the images to your Mac using the company’s free companion software, and then share with services such as Evernote and Google Docs. Also included with the scanner are a USB sync/charge cable, calibration sheet, cleaning tool, and carrying case. Hands-on testing of Doxie Go has shown it to be a very competent little scanning device, producing 300dpi images that are surprisingly color-accurate without any user intervention, albeit with a little noise that may or may not be visible depending on how much you zoom into certain images. Scanning speeds are fast, and the unit interfaces well with a computer regardless of whether you’re directly scanning from it with Image Capture or just grabbing pictures it self-scanned without USB connectivity. We’re anxious to see how it works with iOS devices, assuming the company’s iOS kit makes it into stores, but as a very small standalone accessory, it works very well.
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?