Apple 13" MacBook Pro with Retina display (Late 2012)
After debuting the Retina-ized 15” MacBook Pro four months ago, Apple today took the wraps off the 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display ($1699-$1999). There aren’t a ton of surprises here: the new Pro has a thinner body, super-high resolution 2560 by 1600 screen, and has ditched its spinning hard drive in factor of flash storage. Picture the 15” model shrunk down a bit and you’ve got the idea. It’s clear this merger of powerful and thin is the future of Apple’s portables.
Weighing only 3.57 pounds, the base model 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display comes standard with a 2.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5 processor and the option of upgrading to 2.9GHz. 8GB of RAM is standard while the SSD storage ranges from 128GB all the way up to 768GB. In terms of I/O there are two USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, an SD card slot, two Thunderbolt ports, a headphone port, dual mics, and a MagSafe 2 connector. Battery life is rated at seven hours.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?