Apple 13" MacBook Pro with Retina display (Late 2012)
After debuting the Retina-ized 15” MacBook Pro four months ago, Apple today took the wraps off the 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display ($1699-$1999). There aren’t a ton of surprises here: the new Pro has a thinner body, super-high resolution 2560 by 1600 screen, and has ditched its spinning hard drive in factor of flash storage. Picture the 15” model shrunk down a bit and you’ve got the idea. It’s clear this merger of powerful and thin is the future of Apple’s portables.
Weighing only 3.57 pounds, the base model 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display comes standard with a 2.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5 processor and the option of upgrading to 2.9GHz. 8GB of RAM is standard while the SSD storage ranges from 128GB all the way up to 768GB. In terms of I/O there are two USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, an SD card slot, two Thunderbolt ports, a headphone port, dual mics, and a MagSafe 2 connector. Battery life is rated at seven hours.
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?