Apple 13" MacBook Pro with Retina display (Late 2012)
After debuting the Retina-ized 15” MacBook Pro four months ago, Apple today took the wraps off the 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display ($1699-$1999). There aren’t a ton of surprises here: the new Pro has a thinner body, super-high resolution 2560 by 1600 screen, and has ditched its spinning hard drive in factor of flash storage. Picture the 15” model shrunk down a bit and you’ve got the idea. It’s clear this merger of powerful and thin is the future of Apple’s portables.
Weighing only 3.57 pounds, the base model 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display comes standard with a 2.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5 processor and the option of upgrading to 2.9GHz. 8GB of RAM is standard while the SSD storage ranges from 128GB all the way up to 768GB. In terms of I/O there are two USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, an SD card slot, two Thunderbolt ports, a headphone port, dual mics, and a MagSafe 2 connector. Battery life is rated at seven hours.
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fee for Apple TV signups
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Apple Watch Sport, 42mm case and black Sport band top pre-sale estimates
- Report: Apple Watch Sport comes with three band pieces, not two separate bands
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Report: Apple has spent $38 million on Apple Watch TV ads
- Apple Watch bands also experiencing delayed shipping times
- Apple Watch models sell out quickly, shipping estimates now 4-6 weeks or later
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?