Apple 13" MacBook Pro with Retina display (Late 2012)
After debuting the Retina-ized 15” MacBook Pro four months ago, Apple today took the wraps off the 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display ($1699-$1999). There aren’t a ton of surprises here: the new Pro has a thinner body, super-high resolution 2560 by 1600 screen, and has ditched its spinning hard drive in factor of flash storage. Picture the 15” model shrunk down a bit and you’ve got the idea. It’s clear this merger of powerful and thin is the future of Apple’s portables.
Weighing only 3.57 pounds, the base model 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display comes standard with a 2.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5 processor and the option of upgrading to 2.9GHz. 8GB of RAM is standard while the SSD storage ranges from 128GB all the way up to 768GB. In terms of I/O there are two USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, an SD card slot, two Thunderbolt ports, a headphone port, dual mics, and a MagSafe 2 connector. Battery life is rated at seven hours.
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Report: 5.5” iPhone 6 to use 2915 mAh battery
- Apple to debut reversible USB Lightning cable?
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pako — Car Chase Simulator
- FLA cites Quanta for further Apple labor problems
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- Zagg Rugged Folio for iPad Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today