Apple 13" MacBook Pro with Retina display (Late 2012)
After debuting the Retina-ized 15” MacBook Pro four months ago, Apple today took the wraps off the 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display ($1699-$1999). There aren’t a ton of surprises here: the new Pro has a thinner body, super-high resolution 2560 by 1600 screen, and has ditched its spinning hard drive in factor of flash storage. Picture the 15” model shrunk down a bit and you’ve got the idea. It’s clear this merger of powerful and thin is the future of Apple’s portables.
Weighing only 3.57 pounds, the base model 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display comes standard with a 2.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5 processor and the option of upgrading to 2.9GHz. 8GB of RAM is standard while the SSD storage ranges from 128GB all the way up to 768GB. In terms of I/O there are two USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, an SD card slot, two Thunderbolt ports, a headphone port, dual mics, and a MagSafe 2 connector. Battery life is rated at seven hours.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?