Apple 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Mid 2012)
After months of rumors, the next generation MacBook Pro has finally been announced. Dubbed the MacBook Pro with Retina display—the lower case “d” is Apple’s—it really is an impressive beast. Designed with the size of the MacBook Air and the power of the Pro in mind, this Mac is super thin, super light, and has an incredible display. Just as impressive are the internals: a huge battery, super fast processors, RAM, graphics, and flash storage, plus a new quiet fan to keep it all cool. Of course, the price matches the specs; this Mac starts at $2199.
At only 0.71” thick, it’s about 25% thinner than the current generation Pro, and weighs just 4.46 pounds. Just as impressive—if not more so—is the gorgeous new 15” Retina display. Measuring in at 2880x1880, there are a stunning 5,184,000 pixels—wow. Apple is updating its apps, consumer and pro alike, to take advantage of the new screen, and partnering with third-parties including Adobe to do the same. The company is promising up to seven hours of battery life and 30 days on standby. On the sides you’ll find ports for an SD card, HDMI(!), USB 3, Thunderbolt, headphones, and the new, thinner MagSafe 2 power adapter. Bye bye optical drive. Inside there are new Ivy Bridge processors ranging up to 2.7GHz, a max 768GB SSD, and up to 16GB of RAM—the base configuration isn’t quite as powerful of course, but still impressive. Get out that credit card, Pros, this one starts shipping today.
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Retrial for damages in Apple patent case set for March or April
- Google omits HealthKit support from Android Wear iOS app
- Belkin WeMo + OSRAM Lightify White Tunable Starter Set
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?