Apple 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Mid 2012)
After months of rumors, the next generation MacBook Pro has finally been announced. Dubbed the MacBook Pro with Retina display—the lower case “d” is Apple’s—it really is an impressive beast. Designed with the size of the MacBook Air and the power of the Pro in mind, this Mac is super thin, super light, and has an incredible display. Just as impressive are the internals: a huge battery, super fast processors, RAM, graphics, and flash storage, plus a new quiet fan to keep it all cool. Of course, the price matches the specs; this Mac starts at $2199.
At only 0.71” thick, it’s about 25% thinner than the current generation Pro, and weighs just 4.46 pounds. Just as impressive—if not more so—is the gorgeous new 15” Retina display. Measuring in at 2880x1880, there are a stunning 5,184,000 pixels—wow. Apple is updating its apps, consumer and pro alike, to take advantage of the new screen, and partnering with third-parties including Adobe to do the same. The company is promising up to seven hours of battery life and 30 days on standby. On the sides you’ll find ports for an SD card, HDMI(!), USB 3, Thunderbolt, headphones, and the new, thinner MagSafe 2 power adapter. Bye bye optical drive. Inside there are new Ivy Bridge processors ranging up to 2.7GHz, a max 768GB SSD, and up to 16GB of RAM—the base configuration isn’t quite as powerful of course, but still impressive. Get out that credit card, Pros, this one starts shipping today.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today