Apple Final Cut Pro X, Compressor 4 + Motion 5
It’s the day video editors have been waiting for since Apple made Final Cut Pro X ($300) official at a special NAB Users Group event in April: the completely rebuilt 64-bit editing package has just hit the Mac App Store. And surprise: the company also released brand new Motion 5 ($50) and Compressor 4 ($50) updates as companions. Details are after the break.
Final Cut Pro X represents a complete rethinking of the way video editing tools work—and should work—incorporating both long-awaited raw speed enhancements, and brand-new features that were unexpected. The key feature Apple’s focusing upon in Final Cut Pro X is the “Magnetic Timeline,” a non-destructive editing canvas that makes it easier to splice in video and audio content, letting clips easily slide in and out of positions as you move other pieces around. Final Cut Pro X also includes audio editing and color correction tools. Compressor 4 is a separate application that handles encoding into and out of multiple video source formats, and can distribute encoding across multiple cores and machines. Motion 5 handles titles, transitions, and special effects in 2-D and 3-D, including a new 64-bit architecture that properly takes advantage of the CPUs in recent Macs.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?