Apple iMac (Late 2012)
Whoa. That’s the first reaction we had to the brand new iMac ($1,299-$1999) Apple introduced today. If you thought they had thin all-in-ones before, just wait. This new model is only 5mm—yes, millimeters—at the edges. It still comes in 21.5” and 27” variations but the display is even better than ever thanks to a number of cutting edge technologies. To improve the internals, Apple unsurprisingly cut out the optical drive.
The guts are of course even better than ever too. Of course there are blazing fast processors, with quad-core i5 across the board. For storage, you can now choose Apple’s Fusion Drive with 128GB of flash storage and 1TB or 3TB of HDD. All your preinstalled Mac software fits on the flash, allowing for blazing fast speeds without the user having to do anything else. On the back there’s a headphone port, SD card slot, two Thunderbolt ports, four USB 3.0 ports, gigabit ethernet, and a headphone port.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?