Apple iMac (Late 2012)
Whoa. That’s the first reaction we had to the brand new iMac ($1,299-$1999) Apple introduced today. If you thought they had thin all-in-ones before, just wait. This new model is only 5mm—yes, millimeters—at the edges. It still comes in 21.5” and 27” variations but the display is even better than ever thanks to a number of cutting edge technologies. To improve the internals, Apple unsurprisingly cut out the optical drive.
The guts are of course even better than ever too. Of course there are blazing fast processors, with quad-core i5 across the board. For storage, you can now choose Apple’s Fusion Drive with 128GB of flash storage and 1TB or 3TB of HDD. All your preinstalled Mac software fits on the flash, allowing for blazing fast speeds without the user having to do anything else. On the back there’s a headphone port, SD card slot, two Thunderbolt ports, four USB 3.0 ports, gigabit ethernet, and a headphone port.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015