Apple iMac (Late 2012)
Whoa. That’s the first reaction we had to the brand new iMac ($1,299-$1999) Apple introduced today. If you thought they had thin all-in-ones before, just wait. This new model is only 5mm—yes, millimeters—at the edges. It still comes in 21.5” and 27” variations but the display is even better than ever thanks to a number of cutting edge technologies. To improve the internals, Apple unsurprisingly cut out the optical drive.
The guts are of course even better than ever too. Of course there are blazing fast processors, with quad-core i5 across the board. For storage, you can now choose Apple’s Fusion Drive with 128GB of flash storage and 1TB or 3TB of HDD. All your preinstalled Mac software fits on the flash, allowing for blazing fast speeds without the user having to do anything else. On the back there’s a headphone port, SD card slot, two Thunderbolt ports, four USB 3.0 ports, gigabit ethernet, and a headphone port.
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?