Apple iMac (Late 2012)
Whoa. That’s the first reaction we had to the brand new iMac ($1,299-$1999) Apple introduced today. If you thought they had thin all-in-ones before, just wait. This new model is only 5mm—yes, millimeters—at the edges. It still comes in 21.5” and 27” variations but the display is even better than ever thanks to a number of cutting edge technologies. To improve the internals, Apple unsurprisingly cut out the optical drive.
The guts are of course even better than ever too. Of course there are blazing fast processors, with quad-core i5 across the board. For storage, you can now choose Apple’s Fusion Drive with 128GB of flash storage and 1TB or 3TB of HDD. All your preinstalled Mac software fits on the flash, allowing for blazing fast speeds without the user having to do anything else. On the back there’s a headphone port, SD card slot, two Thunderbolt ports, four USB 3.0 ports, gigabit ethernet, and a headphone port.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today