Apple iMac (Late 2013)
The timing’s a little odd—the week after an Apple keynote, and before the launch of the already-announced Mavericks operating system—but, hey, new iMacs are new iMacs. The late 2013 edition ($1,299-$1,999) of Apple’s all-in-one desktop has seen some internal spec bumps over last winter’s more significant body upgrade. Announced via a press release this morning, the updated computers will be available starting on Thursday, September 26.
These iMacs see a number of improvements that first rolled out with this year’s new MacBook Airs. That includes the addition of quad-core Intel Haswell processors and 802.11ac Wi-Fi. They’re also sporting new graphics processors, notably including Intel’s Iris Pro in the base 21.5” model, and faster PCI-based flash storage, which leads to speed bumps for Fusion Drive- and flash-equipped iMacs.
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?