Apple iMac (Late 2013)
The timing’s a little odd—the week after an Apple keynote, and before the launch of the already-announced Mavericks operating system—but, hey, new iMacs are new iMacs. The late 2013 edition ($1,299-$1,999) of Apple’s all-in-one desktop has seen some internal spec bumps over last winter’s more significant body upgrade. Announced via a press release this morning, the updated computers will be available starting on Thursday, September 26.
These iMacs see a number of improvements that first rolled out with this year’s new MacBook Airs. That includes the addition of quad-core Intel Haswell processors and 802.11ac Wi-Fi. They’re also sporting new graphics processors, notably including Intel’s Iris Pro in the base 21.5” model, and faster PCI-based flash storage, which leads to speed bumps for Fusion Drive- and flash-equipped iMacs.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?