Apple iMac with Built-in VESA Mount Adapter (Late 2012)
It took Apple months to catch up with the demand for its most recent iMacs, but now they’re finally in stock. So what’s next? VESA mount support. Neither the 21.5” or 27” models can actually be mounted when purchased as is—a limitation that affected the prior 21.5” iMac as well. To address that issue, Apple has today released both 21.5” and 27” iMacs with Built-in VESA Mount Adapter (Late 2012) ($1339-$2039). You can’t just buy a separate Apple VESA mount adapter; instead, you buy the Mac with the adapter pre-attached.
Specs-wise, these iMacs are exactly the same as the ones you would buy without the adapters—the only difference is the $40 premium for the adapter itself. Considering Apple sells standalone adapters for older computers and displays for $39, the price is fair; you just have to be prepared to provide your own stand or mount.
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?