Apple iMac with Built-in VESA Mount Adapter (Late 2012)
It took Apple months to catch up with the demand for its most recent iMacs, but now they’re finally in stock. So what’s next? VESA mount support. Neither the 21.5” or 27” models can actually be mounted when purchased as is—a limitation that affected the prior 21.5” iMac as well. To address that issue, Apple has today released both 21.5” and 27” iMacs with Built-in VESA Mount Adapter (Late 2012) ($1339-$2039). You can’t just buy a separate Apple VESA mount adapter; instead, you buy the Mac with the adapter pre-attached.
Specs-wise, these iMacs are exactly the same as the ones you would buy without the adapters—the only difference is the $40 premium for the adapter itself. Considering Apple sells standalone adapters for older computers and displays for $39, the price is fair; you just have to be prepared to provide your own stand or mount.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?