Apple iMac with Built-in VESA Mount Adapter (Late 2012)
It took Apple months to catch up with the demand for its most recent iMacs, but now they’re finally in stock. So what’s next? VESA mount support. Neither the 21.5” or 27” models can actually be mounted when purchased as is—a limitation that affected the prior 21.5” iMac as well. To address that issue, Apple has today released both 21.5” and 27” iMacs with Built-in VESA Mount Adapter (Late 2012) ($1339-$2039). You can’t just buy a separate Apple VESA mount adapter; instead, you buy the Mac with the adapter pre-attached.
Specs-wise, these iMacs are exactly the same as the ones you would buy without the adapters—the only difference is the $40 premium for the adapter itself. Considering Apple sells standalone adapters for older computers and displays for $39, the price is fair; you just have to be prepared to provide your own stand or mount.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?