Apple iMac with Built-in VESA Mount Adapter (Late 2012)
It took Apple months to catch up with the demand for its most recent iMacs, but now they’re finally in stock. So what’s next? VESA mount support. Neither the 21.5” or 27” models can actually be mounted when purchased as is—a limitation that affected the prior 21.5” iMac as well. To address that issue, Apple has today released both 21.5” and 27” iMacs with Built-in VESA Mount Adapter (Late 2012) ($1339-$2039). You can’t just buy a separate Apple VESA mount adapter; instead, you buy the Mac with the adapter pre-attached.
Specs-wise, these iMacs are exactly the same as the ones you would buy without the adapters—the only difference is the $40 premium for the adapter itself. Considering Apple sells standalone adapters for older computers and displays for $39, the price is fair; you just have to be prepared to provide your own stand or mount.
- Trent Reznor working on Apple music project
- Magazine publisher Fleishman explains iOS Newsstand’s failure
- Jony Ive: Apple Watch was a ‘design challenge’
- Apple reverses course on iOS calculator widgets
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Cook discusses Apple Pay, Watch, iPod classic at WSJD Live
- Rokform Crystal v3 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Bodycon, LifePro, and Helio for iPhone 6 + Bodycon for iPhone 6 Plus
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0