Apple Logic Pro X
Building on the success of its professional music recording app Logic Pro 9, Apple today debuted Logic Pro X ($200), featuring a redesigned interface, new instruments, and a couple of big new additions. Built to follow the style of top session players and engineers, Drummer adds an AI drummer to play alongside other instruments, switching between different beats and song genres as needed. And a free companion app, Logic Remote, lets an iPad play and control Logic Pro X from afar with keyboard, drum pad, guitar fretboard, mixing board, and transport control interfaces.
Logic Pro X’s additions don’t stop there. Flex Pitch enables pitch editing in recordings, letting users change individual notes within waveforms, and Track Stacks can combine multiple tracks into one—handy for group editing or adding extra depth to instruments. The Arpeggiator is similar to the GarageBand chord-based music-making feature, sitting alongside a Retro Synth synthesizer emulator, and a Bass Amp Designer with the ability to customize a bass rig or use popular ones that already exist. Weighing in with a 5GB initial footprint, Logic Pro X has a whopping 35GB of additional audio content available via an optional in-app download. Apple also updated its $30 Mac companion app, MainStage 3, which helps to bring Logic Pro X compositions into live performances.
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?