Apple Logic Pro X
Building on the success of its professional music recording app Logic Pro 9, Apple today debuted Logic Pro X ($200), featuring a redesigned interface, new instruments, and a couple of big new additions. Built to follow the style of top session players and engineers, Drummer adds an AI drummer to play alongside other instruments, switching between different beats and song genres as needed. And a free companion app, Logic Remote, lets an iPad play and control Logic Pro X from afar with keyboard, drum pad, guitar fretboard, mixing board, and transport control interfaces.
Logic Pro X’s additions don’t stop there. Flex Pitch enables pitch editing in recordings, letting users change individual notes within waveforms, and Track Stacks can combine multiple tracks into one—handy for group editing or adding extra depth to instruments. The Arpeggiator is similar to the GarageBand chord-based music-making feature, sitting alongside a Retro Synth synthesizer emulator, and a Bass Amp Designer with the ability to customize a bass rig or use popular ones that already exist. Weighing in with a 5GB initial footprint, Logic Pro X has a whopping 35GB of additional audio content available via an optional in-app download. Apple also updated its $30 Mac companion app, MainStage 3, which helps to bring Logic Pro X compositions into live performances.
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?