Apple Mac Icon Font
It was January 24, 30 years ago, that Steve Jobs introduced the Macintosh to the world. Fast forward to today, and obviously things have changed a bit. We’re thrilled to see Apple recognizing the anniversary in its stores and on its website, paying tribute to the machine that made the company what it is. Poke around Apple.com today, and you’ll see a cool timeline, complete with line graphics of each and every Mac. Developer Greg Barbosa did some digging, and found they’re actually part of a Mac Icon Font (Free, automatic download).
Complete with 64 icons, ranging from the original Macintosh to the new Mac Pro, this font set is a beautiful interpretation of the computer family’s history. Once the font has been installed in Font Book, the characters can be copied and pasted into documents. Unfortunately, since they’re not standard, they can’t be typed using key commands, and they won’t come over Messages properly. Still, it’s a cool tribute, and one we’re happy to have.
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?